Incase Slider....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mixedup, Sep 23, 2012.

1. mixedup macrumors member

Anyone using one of these? I'm worried it will end up scratching the sides badly if ever removed (or maybe even during install, as I recall they're a pretty tight fit).

Opinions?

2. ian-frs macrumors 6502

Mine ever hurt my 4s. I am waiting to find a white one at best buy to pick up.

3. Swerthy macrumors member

Did you mean to put an 'n' in front of that ever?

Slightly confused.

4. mixedup thread starter macrumors member

It's the black anodizing that concerns me...sides and back, so wouldn't have the same issues with the 4/4S.

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

I tested it out at the best buy store and I really didn't like it. The case still puts to much pressure on the back and when I took it off there was a "streak" left by the rubber padding. I was also worried about it scratching the sides.

6. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

I purchased an Incase Slider for my iP5 at Best Buy yesterday and the fit was terrible. The phone moved up and down slightly and worst of all, it gave my iPhone its first scratch on the back of the phone. :mad:

Incase usually has great products so I'm assuming this case was just manufactured prematurely.

Needless to say, the case went back to Best Buy.

7. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

I bought a black slider for my white i5. Its okay, but I think its going back. I keep eyeing up that clear Rocketfish tpu case, and its half the price :)

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have used the Slider on all 3 of my iPhones. The 3G version left marks on the back, but I had no problems with the case for my 4 or 5.

I have the black one on my 5 now. It fits really well and doesn't add too much thickness to it.

I just took it off to check. No scratches on the bezel. It did leave a mark on the back, but it is a smudge, not a scratch. I was able to wipe it off with my finger.

9. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Agree. I'll be using this until the Snap is available.

[​IMG]

10. mixedup thread starter macrumors member

Well, I opened mine up and gave it a go. The fit is a little less 'snug' than I remember the version i had for my 4 (which is nice....too tight and i'm sure it would scratch the crap out of the anodizing!). The phone doesn't slide around when it's installed and it looks/feels nice, and works with the crappy Zagg I bought. On my 1st gen, 3G and 3GS I used to remove/clean/reinstall....but i'm not sure that is such a good idea with this one....maybe more often? Although removing with dust, etc is sure to produce scratches. Ahhhhh, well.....if I keep it in a case, nobody will notice anyway!

11. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

Wow, I didn't know this was out yet. I remember having to wait a few weeks for it for the 4.

I liked the case, but ended up moving towards more of a bumper style with front and rear screen protectors.

12. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Bought that clear one yesterday, returning it today. Terrible, loose fit, and it filled up with dirt/lint in a few hours. Looks awful, and I am sure would scratch eventually. Beware...

13. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Looks great! And familiar :)

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

I bought one but returned it. Hardly any grip and its difficult to reach the buttons on the device.

15. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

lol I did the opposite. Returned the black slider today for the Rocketfish clear tpu case. I like the feel and look of the tpu cases. I know it will eventually get yellow and I will have to get something else, but I just cant become a fan of the slider. I tried it with the 4 too and I ended up not using it. To each their own :)

16. levels macrumors member

This is exactly right. I tried it on as well at Best Buy, honestly very disappointed with the design. I would be VERY annoyed constantly reaching in to push the buttons with this design. As of now the speck candyshell seems to have the best fit for this phone that I've seen...

17. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I had the slider for my iPhone 4 and just bought the black one for my 5. I'm happy with it so far, though I'm a little concerned about how loose the fit is.

I may insert a strip of paper into mine to help it grip a bit better on the sides.

I really doubt soft plastic will hurt the anodizing, and paper is even softer than plastic.

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Mine is actually pretty snug. You may have gotten a bad one.

19. doubleaa macrumors regular

I have the Slider on my 5. Perfect fit. I love this case and prefer it to the Incipio NGP I had on my 4.

20. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

21. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Can you post some pics, specifically of the bottom where the headphone jack and plug is? I'm worried that there won't be enough room for the apple 30-pin adapter or headphone jacks that have a large diameter.

22. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

The one for the 4/4S left marks on the aluminum bands on the side. Was also curious about pics after it has been removed to see if this does the same. Have stayed with TPU cases since.

23. Nhwhazup, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have 2 white Incase Sliders that I bought. One very lightly used and the other new. I ended up switching to another case that played better with my screen protector. I will gladly ship them to you or anyone else in the US for the price of post. It bugs me that the case didn't with my screen protector but I really like the protector and found some other cases. What bugs me even more is that I have these perfectly good cases hanging around that aren't being used.

PM if you want them with name and address.

Update: the Sliders have been spoken for and are on their way to their new home.

24. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

I now have an SGP Ultra Oleophobic protector on mine and just had to file down the interior edges of the slider just slightly to make it not bubble up the plastic. Just for anyone wondering...

25. OutGolfn macrumors regular

Try Incase's snap case. It fits like a glove. I just got the new brown leather one and it is very high quality. The leather ones are more expensive, but they also have 4 other colors.

I was never impressed with the sliders fit. The bottom was always off by a little bit and it drove me crazy.