Incase Snap Clear Frost anyone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Jun 10, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I just seen this on the Incase site, it looks like a new color they put up for the Snap. I just ordered it , does anyone have it yet to comment on ?
    Thanks

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Got mine on my white iPhone - amazing. It barely fits though since my white one is just ever so slightly thicker. It will fit fine, just snug. I am using temporarily when I need to be able to have access to all my ports easily. Otherwise I'm rocking the vapor pro spectra.

3. dvn macrumors newbie

Do you have any pictures? It looks really good on their website but I'm in for some actual pictures if you have any.:D

4. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

yea pics would be great , i cant wait to get mine. it looks like the case will not scratch like the clear one does, please u can still see the phone through it.

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Here ya go - don't mind the gradient on the edges that looks yellow/gray - it's the terrible lighting at my studio and has nothing to do with the actual case. Hope that helps :)

I love this case because it's even thinner than my bumper or vapor pro and it shows off the phone very well. When I had my black iPhone I liked the black frost version of it as well. Only thing I don't like is the obvious black ring around the camera / flash but I'll deal with it.

And no, it does not scratch or show fingerprints AT ALL! :D:p:apple:

[​IMG]

6. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

thanks for the pics, wow so the blank should shine through very nice.
    i cant wait to get mine. im tired of the bumper , the bumper seems to get ugly over a short time.

7. dvn macrumors newbie

Looks very good, might have to pick one up myself. thank you

8. yrrej macrumors regular

does anyone know if any stores carry this frost snap case?

9. stcizzle macrumors regular

I bought mine from the Apple store directly. $34.99 imo is really a ridiculously high price but it looks very nice and I dropped it on pavement from like only a foot or so and this thing doesn't scratch at all. And fingerprints are nowhere to be found after a full days use, which with most cases u have to wipe it down hourly. The texture of this case is awesome. It's almost like a matte finish that is purely plastic without the rubbery matted feel which leaves fingerprints all over the place.

10. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Do u the black iPhone ? If so how does it look

11. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had it for my black iPhone and returned it to Apple store. It did not look good at all in my opinion. The black smoke one does though.

12. danielveeee macrumors regular

had it on a black and white iphone. i prefer it on the black iphone.
    on white it looks a little yellow.

but i had to get mine replaced because it was too tight and causes stress fractures on all the corners and cracked

13. yrrej macrumors regular

I've had my clear frost snap case for about a week now and i don't know if its just me, but it's starting to yellow? it's not as white and frosty as it was the first day. is anyone else noticing this?

14. truciet macrumors 6502

dam i was thinking about buying this too.

currently i have a black bumper...but i want a white bumper now :(

15. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

16. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

I don't see how anyone could think this looks bad on the black phone. I just picked it up tonight, and think it looks fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Nice! Although IMO it looks like the old black smoke but cleaner.

18. ribbon macrumors member

chris, how long did it take to ship from the time you ordered it? i ordered 2x clear frost cases 5 days ago and still nothing.

btw, i was worried about how would look that case on my black iphone... i'm glad to see it looks awesome :)

19. stcizzle macrumors regular

I agree. I don't know how anyone could not like the clear frost on the black either. I have it on my white iPhone but I'm not experiencing any yellowing at all. If you want yellow effects buy a white apple bumper and wait 3 weeks.

20. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

I got it at my local Apple Store last night.

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I just ordered the clear frost off the Incase site a few minutes ago. Is the clear frost available in the Apple Stores? I didn't see it the last time I was at my local store. I have a black frost case currently on my white iPhone, but I'll be selling that when the clear one comes. The clear frost looks awesome on the white iPhone.

22. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Thanks for the photos! They look awesome! I would prefer this over the white.

23. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

This case and the ID America DryIce look almost identical... lol

24. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Wow this looks amazing , u think this is better than a bumper

25. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Incase Snap is much better than the bumper. I have both and switched between them multiple times, but in the end I always go back to Incase. The back is protected, you can use 3rd party accessories, and it looks more sleek. Plus, the matte feel on the back keeps your phone clean from fingerprints, sweat, and oil. I think the only thing I don't like about the Incase is that the volume buttons are hard to press, whereas the Bumper provides some metal buttons that are alot easier. With iOS 5 having the ability to use the volume button to take pictures, I'll be using it alot. But w/e, it's a small issue.