Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Is it me or the two cases n this thread look different ? One looks to be a white frost vs the clear frost. The one I have from incase looks like a white frost

treeoflife

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
I was in line to order my americano over at starbucks, and the person infront of me was using this case. It looked pretty decent from where I was standing.

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
Is it me or the two cases n this thread look different ? One looks to be a white frost vs the clear frost. The one I have from incase looks like a white frost
What do you mean? They only come in black, pink, clear and clear frost. The two cases are on different colored phones, white and the other is on black.

More pictures of this case pretty please, preferably on a white iPhone? :)

Last edited:

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
just wondering if there are any updates from people with this case? did yours yellow up or is it still as clear/frosty?

stubberfield

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Canada
just wondering if there are any updates from people with this case? did yours yellow up or is it still as clear/frosty?

I do not have this case, but I have a co-worker who has it. Clear and frost are two separate case colors. The clear case is completely transparent. The frost case is frosty, or a greyish-white color. With that said, my co-worker has a more expensive case that is made of a thicker material-polycarbonate which is most common. Now, the only frost colored cases that yellow up are made of plastic base material. Hope this helps.

chr

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
I have the frost version and it hasn't yellow'd at all--for reference, I carry my phone in my pocket and usually wear jeans. It also looks really nice on my white iPhone.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Guys look at the first page in this thread and look at both pics of this case on the white phone and the one that Chris Welch put up. They seem to look different the cases, i know one is on a white phone and one is on a black but can the black phone make the case look greyish like that ? I really like it and want to make sure i order the right color.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
because the case is slightly translucent, whatever the color of the phone will shine through. both pictures are of the same case it just looks different because of the colors of the phone.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
ok, thanks for clearing that up, i was going nuts trying to find out what color it was so im going to go for the clear frost and on my black iphone it should look greyish.
Thanks

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Is anyone using this case with the white iphone? This review is claiming that the white iphone 4 doesnt fit well with the frost snap case due to the extra thickness over the black version. I ordered this case with for the iphone 4s and i wonder if it will fit.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
the phone fits fine with the white iphone. but it will turn yellow in about two weeks :(

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
there are a few other members on this website that have complained about yellowing. what i suggest is if you really want it you buy it and see for yourselF. If it yellows in two weeks then you can still return it.

probably better to buy from the apple store or incase website so you can return it instead of that china site "that guy" suggested. good luck!

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Are you guys able to use screen protectors? I bought an Incase Snap from Best Buy and had to return it because it wouldn't fit over the screen protector. It was so tight that I was certain I'd scratch the chrome and rip off my screen protector trying to shove it in there.

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
i posted pics of the case the first day i got it over here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1245763/

Now this is how my incase white frost snap case looks like on my 4s after exactly one week of use. As you can see, no difference and no yellowing at all so far:

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 127
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.