Incase, switcheasy, iskin, come on already

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by apple.pseudofan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

Seriously, what is taking these top manufacturers so long? I'm really hoping for a bumper style case from switcheasy or incase.

I'm ready to spend the cash!

End rant

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

3. adster macrumors regular

Unless these companies have a factory in the US (highly unlikely), the lead time to manufacture a case is about a month or so, and that's AFTER dimensions and 3D rendering are completed. During that time, there's usually some prototypes made, things are tweaked, etc..

I think the reason for the delay is that some of the case manufacturers preferred to wait until they had an actual iP4 unit in hand to start designing instead of going on "leaked" specs.

Most of the companies that have cases out already (Griffin, Belkin, etc) started their manufacturing process before the iP4 was even announced based on "early" or "leaked" dimensions. While that's a good jump on the market, it tends to lead to problems such as the flash issue plaguing most cases, holes not lining up perfectly (Incipio Feather), etc...

It's frustrating, and they would love to have a case in your hands immediately, this is problem when Apple releases a newly designed product.

4. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

I'm guessing because they want to release a problem-free product where people don't have to worry about things like flash reflection and it's taking longer to design it correctly.

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

iSkin sent me an e-mail saying they are trying for a release of the Revo and Solo models by the end of this month.

This was also just posted on the InCase site regarding their cases

6. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

all these companies mfg overseas so that takes time to get the plans into production and besides aren't most of these cases manufactured at the same plant? i forgot where i read this but most of these cases cost about $0.80-$1 per unit. big business.

but i also think they want to do a lot of testing before they get thrown into mass production. Speck is making a slight adjustment to the CandyShell and I heard that costs them a ton of money to halt production and make adjustments and restart production. So most companies wouldn't want to do that.

I'll be interested in what InCase has to offer. Switcheasy not so much. I have had a Rebel and more recently on my 3G the Menace in Devil Red (which turned too many heads) and after 6mo the case totally is loose all around so...saggy bottom and sides happened to both.

7. edmondyll macrumors newbie

8. cirial macrumors regular

Email reply from switcheasy:

9. dylanursula macrumors 6502

When did Switcheasy write that to you? Over on FaceBook there page keeps saying VERY VERY SOON, but 2 weeks to me is not soon as it will probably take another week to get to the US!

10. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I e-mailed iSkin yesterday about their products and when they will be released for the iPhone 4. I got the following response:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in iSkin.

We are pleased to inform you that we are currently working on our product line up for the new iPhone 4G. As it stands now, we are tentatively looking at a release sometime in early August. We apologize for the delay as we are taking the extra effort to ensure that we can provide the best possible protective skins for the this new device.

We encourage you to visit our website from time to time for any news regarding this. We have a sign up link exclusively for news about our iSkin covers for the iPhone 4G. This can be found on the main page of our website. You may also want to consider signing up for our e-newsletter so that when we do come out with new promotions or products, we can alert you. You can sign up through the link below:

http://www.iskin.com/customercare/csr_subscribe.tpl

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding regarding this matter.

For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our office hours are 9AM-5PM EST Monday-Friday excluding holidays. Be sure to include all previous correspondence with your reply.

Regards,
    Gilbert Santos

Bottom line: Wait until August

11. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Incase wrote "Thank you to all of our fans for the valid feedback regarding Incase products for iPhone 4—we are listening to you. Your questions, comments and concerns are very important to us as we continue to further develop, test and refine our assortment of cases for the newly released iPhone. An announcement previewing some of our signature styles made specifically for iPhone 4 will be posted next week with product to follow at month’s end. Thanks for your continued support."

Wonder if the case will be delivered by the end of July of just produced?

12. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

13. Khryz macrumors 6502a

14. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

15. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Anybody care to chime in with their experiences about the drop protection capabilities or lack thereof with the 3G/3GS version of the Swithcheasy NUDE?

16. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

sort of irrelevant, since the 3g/3gs weren't nearly so sensitive to drops.

17. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Seriously.
    Same here.

The bumpers look terrible. Especially for 30 bucks.

18. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Not from what I've seen. Anyway, noticed it doesn't protect the front corners at all so it's off my list.

19. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Incase tweeted that their iPhone 4 case will be out next week.

20. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I thought they said they are announcing next week but wont be out till the end of July.

21. ziked macrumors newbie

Good design takes time.
    Most of the early cases aren't really that good looking and most of the ones I have seem so far have some flaws like the flash problem or the holes not being cut the right size.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have an Incase iphone case on my phone right now. But I'd rather get a well designed case from them then something that was rushed out to the market just to meet the launch rush.

22. cirial macrumors regular

Email was dated July 3rd.

23. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Do you think the Incase Slider will be beat then Switcheasy Nude?