Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Email to Incase

I emailed Incase asking when they expected to release custom sleeves for the new Macbooks. They said the current Incase sleeves fit the new Macbooks. By that logic they also fit the iPhone.

Blah. Make new ones with the correct dimensions. I don't that sac junk. Anyone know of other custom fit options for the new Al books?

bengal85

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
USA
the applesac looks more manly if you know what I mean I. but they both would provide the same protection.

If it were my computer I would get something hard that would protect the computer it's self

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I never have liked the hard cases or seen the need for them for my purposes. And okay, the black sac isn't THAT bad. I'm not sure how I feel about the velcro though.

christiemp

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Wisconsin
That might be nice for girls but I don't think us guys will like that girly one very much. :D

Haha. There aren't very many girl-orientated macbook sleeves so GOOD there should be one for me! :p

Have you checked the site? There's a bright red one and a plain black too, those are boyish ;)

christiemp

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Wisconsin
I never have liked the hard cases or seen the need for them for my purposes. And okay, the black sac isn't THAT bad. I'm not sure how I feel about the velcro though.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of velcro, solely for the reason that it wears out eventually, but I decided by then I will either be sick of the case and want a new one anyway, OR I can just sew a button and button loop on there. Adding a button would be an easy enough task even for the sewing impaired such as myself.

But I can see how velcro can be a downside. It provides easier and faster access than a zipper IMO though!

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i had a tucano 2nd skin previously for my blackbook... not that i used it much anyway...
the applesac's definitely are different.. plus it's got a Velcro strap instead of a zipper... easier to get at...

just ordered one :p

cool.. which one did you get... i got the black one.. would of liked the brown but they didnt have that inthe new macbook size when i placed my order

I'm waiting for my Applesac...have been for a while.

i ordered mine on 20th, it was shipped on 21st via USPS global express (or whatever its called) and it arrived yesterday to the UK.. so 8 days in total...

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I wonder what an Apple designed case would look like. :cool:
My guess is that it would look something like this. Foof rules!

i had a tucano 2nd skin previously for my blackbook... not that i used it much anyway...
the applesac's definitely are different.. plus it's got a Velcro strap instead of a zipper... easier to get at...
Sleeves without either zippers or velcrow FTW!

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
cool.. which one did you get... i got the black one.. would of liked the brown but they didnt have that inthe new macbook size when i placed my order

The sizes are the same for the applesac (old mb vs new). I emailed them about it and they said "new macbook" is just to let people know it fits as well, but they are actually the same sleeve. So they did have the brown one.

I woud love some pics on personal applesacs.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
I retract my previous statement...after looking at the Applesacs I think I am going to buy one for my 17" MBP. :]

FFTWarren

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
yeah i retract mine too. I ordered the brown n white one. the original just looks a lil too cheap. i mean a computer case made from a feed sack isn't too nice lookin to me

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
You guys make me wanna order the applesac too. Been debating on whether or not to wait for the booq bag taipan to come out.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
yeah i retract mine too. I ordered the brown n white one. the original just looks a lil too cheap. i mean a computer case made from a feed sack isn't too nice lookin to me

Haha...a feed sack. I couldn't put my finger on it, but you got it.

They must have us hypnotized because I'm starting like the black sack.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I just ordered my Applesac last night, I went with the original case because the brown and black looked more regular and I liked how different the original looked , I also got the faster shipping! :D I can't wait!

steamed.hams

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Miami, FL
I just ordered my Applesac last night, I went with the original case because the brown and black looked more regular and I liked how different the original looked , I also got the faster shipping! :D I can't wait!

I ordered one too last night, and I also went with the faster shipping! But the brown hemp one was a little too cool for me to pass up.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
My guess is that it would look something like this. Foof rules!

Sleeves without either zippers or velcrow FTW!

not for me... what happens with the macbook falls out? ;)

The sizes are the same for the applesac (old mb vs new). I emailed them about it and they said "new macbook" is just to let people know it fits as well, but they are actually the same sleeve. So they did have the brown one.

I woud love some pics on personal applesacs.

oh right... oh well.. i still like the black one.. looks al warm n snuggly like a winter jacket :)
when i get my macbook and i'll post pics along with my sac.. (oo-err!!) :D

MacJenn

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
I need a bag for my new Macbook Pro, but I couldn't buy the Applesac. It looks like a bag you get to put your groceries in at the store. My Pro is too nice for such a cheap looking bag.

The incase looks pretty nice. I will look around some more.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.