Incipio Feather Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Pigs, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Pigs macrumors newbie

Just in case anybody was waiting on the Incipio Feathercase for your iPad they are available for preorder this morning.

I have one for my iPhone 3GS and it is by far my favorite case of all time. It is so light yet protective and the soft grip back gives you just enough grip to get rid of the slippery feel.

I will post up pics next week when I get mine in the mail.

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I had pre-ordered one from MacMall about 1.5 weeks ago. I ended up canceling my order yesterday.

I agree, I love my 3Gs, but after seeing the cool cases like Griffins...I'm rethinking my case strategy.

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

Preorder page from Incipio shows it will ship on Monday. I preordered as well even though I already have Belkin grip vue. I'll try on Feather case see if I like it better.

4. bmorley macrumors newbie

Preorder (which I did) for the dermaSHOT was supposed to ship last Monday but it still hasn't. Customer service has subsequently said it should ship by the end of this week. So take the 'expected' ship date with a grain of salt.

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

That sucks! hopefully no delay.

6. bmorley macrumors newbie

I called again and they said their shipment should arrive today, so if the 'Feather' is in that as also, it could very well ship by Monday. Again though, they list it as an 'expected' ship date. They look nice, so I don't want to put anyone off.

7. Pigs thread starter macrumors newbie

My frost feathercase shipped this afternoon per my confirmation. I'll post up a review and pics early next week when I receive it.

8. munckee macrumors 65816

Once these ship, would someone mind confirming whether the iPad fits in the dock with the Feather case attached?

9. ac4lt macrumors member

ac4lt

Add me to the list of those who would be very interested in the answer to that question.

10. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

11. ac4lt macrumors member

ac4lt

Thanks for the info!

12. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I wonder if it will still fit in apple's case with the feather attached? The apple case is nice for propping it up and stuff but I would like to take it out now and then and still have some form of protection.

13. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

You can't have everything... :p

14. dojoman macrumors 65816

I don't see why it wouldn't fit on the dock. The bottom part is completely open and it's quite thin. I'm sure it fits with the dock.

15. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

It does fit the dock. The last photo from iLounge shows the iPad docked.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

FYI

I have one of these on order. They said it was going to ship yesterday but it didn't.

I also bought a very nice sticker for the back
    "SGP Premium [Carbon] Protective Cover Skin for Apple iPad"

It has a definite texture to it.

This sticker adds no weight, gives it grip, is very nice, and is reusable.

The reusable aspect surprised me a bit. It sort of a hefty vinyl with a tacky (doesn't leave residue) backing that you could easily reuse.

Point is, this is what I needed to eliminate the slipperiness. I'm sure the Feather will be great but these stickers probably will do the job just as well.

$20 US

17. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I will be using a BSE - Bestskinsever skin, but still want either a folio stand/typing case or a gel/hard shell case for proctection. The appeal of the feather is the dock fit.

18. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yeah really, any skin will probably due. The one I have is pretty easy to apply (which can be annoying)

It's just that the iPad is so darn slippery naked. Feels unstable. No grip at all.

19. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

That seems to work out well for Apple. Slips, drops, beaks - oops! Buy another...:rolleyes:

20. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Seems like the feather case just offers scratch protection for the back of the iPad.

I wanted this kind of protection, since im sure ill use mine naked alot, ,but didnt want the aluminum getting scratched. I, however, got the Zagg InvisibleShield. For those of you who don;t know, it's basically a layer of plastic-like material you attach using a spray and a squeegee. They were (and still are) having a contest to win an iPad, and when you enter the contest they email you a discount code ranging from 10% to 50% off. I recruited all my friends and finally got myself a 50% one. Full protection for 19.99 =D. I'll probably only use the back section, but i figured i might as well get the whole thing if it was already so cheap.

Anyway- I like the Zagg because it offers really good scratch protection (if the cover gets scratched, they offer a lifetime guarantee to replace it) and keeps the iPad's aesthetics visible. Also, the plastic has kind of a rubbery feel to it that creates friction, so it also makes it harder to slip.

21. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I preordered mine on Friday (the day they sent out a twitter updating saying they're available for preorder). I preordered mine then and they claimed that they would be available to ship by monday but it's now tuesday and still nothing.

I did ask however two different times about if the case would fit on apple's ipad dock:

(1) through their e-mail support which they replied with "Unfortunately we have not tested the compatibility with both the iPad
    feather and the iPad dock. You're more than welcome to test it yourself
    and if it does not fit you may return it. Please feel free to contact us
    with any further questions or concerns."

(2) I also asked them on twitter and they replied with "myIncipio @Aaleck Yes, the feather is compatable with the iPad Dock but not with the iPad Keyboard Dock
    6:57 PM Apr 19th via TweetDeck in reply to Aaleck"

I also just found this on iLounge with a short review and confirmation that it works with the dock :) cool beans.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incipio-feather-case-for-ipad/

22. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

23. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Incipio claimed that it would ship by Monday the 19th but it's the 22nd and still nothing. E-mailed them and they said they're expecting the cases to come in either Thursday (today) or Friday...

It seems like they would know for sure when they would get their stock in since they're the ones that are making it and they should know when the plane/semi leaves the factory. It's like they are clueless and they just keep throwing out dates...

I don't even have my iPad yet (gets delivered on Monday) so I'm not really upset I'm just kinda irked about how they run their business. If the people that make the product doesn't even know whats going on then that may tell someone something lol

/end rant

24. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Damn!

25. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

iLounge reports it is compatible with the keyboard dock as well... it looks just the same so I don't see why it wouldn't