Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Their site says ready to ship, so I placed an order and they sent me an email stating "thanks for the preorder" and did not give any prospective shipping date, so I cancelled the order.

The most annoying thing is when a site says that they have something ready to ship, you order, and they tell you, well, its not really ready, but thanks for the cash. I immediately cancel out the order at that point. Such a waste of time.

sls3000

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2009
I've had one on order and I called yesterday and asked the eta., was told there was a shipping delay and the shipment is headed in tomorrow not last Friday. I should have it by early next week.

SLS

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Their site says ready to ship, so I placed an order and they sent me an email stating "thanks for the preorder" and did not give any prospective shipping date, so I cancelled the order.

The most annoying thing is when a site says that they have something ready to ship, you order, and they tell you, well, its not really ready, but thanks for the cash. I immediately cancel out the order at that point. Such a waste of time.

Agreed. If I didn't want this case so bad I would cancel mine too. I have like 4 feathers for the iPhone and really like the product. Although I'm not 100% happy with the company at this point...

I've had one on order and I called yesterday and asked the eta., was told there was a shipping delay and the shipment is headed in tomorrow not last Friday. I should have it by early next week.

SLS

$10 says there is another delay... haha. Wasn't there issue like this with another case and they just kept pushing it back and back?

Pigs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NY
Well, something from Incipio shipped to me last Friday but I have yet to receive. I only ordered the Feather case so let's see if that's what I get. It shipped USPS from the West Coast so I should get it sometime soon I hope.

I'll you know what I get :)

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I really like their products and have a couple of Feather cases for my iPhone but I agree with the others about the status date slips of the Feather for iPad case.

I checked their website for the frost one and it showed in stock; as did the other colors. I placed my order and later that day got an email saying the case was backordered. I checked their site and saw that the frost color status had indeed changed to backordered.

Okay, so that stuff does happen from time to time. I called them to see if I could switch to another color since they were all listed in stock. Guy told me that all the colors were backordered. When I told him how the website lists them all in stock, there wasn't much of a reply.

I know, nit-picky but stuff like that kinda irks me. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get the case early next week.

In the meantime I do still like the Belkin case I have :)

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Haha, someone owes me $10. :p They updated their site.

* NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER! ORDERS EXPECTED TO SHIP BY MONDAY, MAY 3rd *
* FREE USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING *

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
This case is NOT compatible with the keyboard dock???
Ilounge in their first look says that it is, however incipio in their tweets says that it is not.

The support on the keyboard dock goes up higher than the regular dock. Ilounge said that both docks work but I wonder if they were paying attention to the amount of strain on the dock connector when docked in the keyboard dock. One can "make" it fit, but it may be straining the connector which is why incipio says that it is not compatible.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
SO, I placed my order a few weeks ago and they keep changing the ship dates. Instead of just saying it's out of stock, they are misleading the customer by saying it's going to ship on a certain date. I'm trying to just cancel my order. Pretty annoying.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
SO, I placed my order a few weeks ago and they keep changing the ship dates. Instead of just saying it's out of stock, they are misleading the customer by saying it's going to ship on a certain date. I'm trying to just cancel my order. Pretty annoying.

If I could find another option that worked with the dock, I'd do the same. They're pretty frustrating.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
If I could find another option that worked with the dock, I'd do the same. They're pretty frustrating.

I'm able to use that Belkin Vue with the keyboard dock but I'm using this Sendstation adapter to raise the iPad up. Works, but not great. I've had a bunch of Feathers before and I'm pretty sure, if not definitely sure it'll work with the keyboard dock. Guess they got us. Heh.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I'm able to use that Belkin Vue with the keyboard dock but I'm using this Sendstation adapter to raise the iPad up. Works, but not great. I've had a bunch of Feathers before and I'm pretty sure, if not definitely sure it'll work with the keyboard dock. Guess they got us. Heh.

And low and behold, they just refunded my money. Guess I'll just wait it out until I see them in stores...

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
Ok here's the lowdown:

Incipio had their shipment from Europe delayed due to the volcanic activity. This alone has pushed back the date for this case several days. They will all ship thursday via usps priority mail for free or whatever else you selected.

I ordered a black one, can't wait!

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Ah, that's a good one

A volcano swallowed my homework.

As we all know, all tech stuff comes from Europe :rolleyes:

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
Mine is being prepared for shipment!

Yay!

I'll give some impressions of it when I put it on my new iPad 3G on Friday!
It looks to be just as good as the iPhone version, which I already have.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
Just got a shipping notice for my feather case as well. Not expecting it to arrive by Friday though.

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
My order isn't even listed under my account anymore, but they swear it is active. I have yet to receive any shipping notification. I did pay extra for overnight, so I am hoping for Friday delivery.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
Mine arrived yesterday as well. Fit is good. Screen protector didn't mount well so i tossed it. Only gripe is a couple of little bumps on the back that feel like Braille.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.