incipio feather vs incase slider

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bakakage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I finally decided between these two cases, but I'm not sure which one to buy. I like how the feather is very slim, but I like how the slider looks as well covering the bezel. I mainly want a case for drop protection and a more grip feel, because the iphone naked is way too slipery. I'll prolly end up getting the slider, but I wanted to know your guys opnions first. Also does att sell the slider in store? I don't feel like ordering it online.

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

for drop protection and a case built like a tank, the incase slider is a must-have case. doesn't add much bulk and both the metallic or matte colors look great. easy to dock as well.

i think those snap on back cases like the feather are pointless cases. if it drops your screwed. to protect scratches? sorry, i see no point in these type cases

sliders are my only choice, such as the incase, ifrogz luxe, and innocase II

my opinion of course :D

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Just an FYI, the "soft touch" slider is grippy...the shiny and metallic ones are on the slippery side.

4. Bakakage thread starter macrumors 6502

What about the matte black, thats the one i want. I'm also thinking of getting the gunmetal.

5. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I have really just never liked the slider. It all depends what you are looking for though. If you just want scratch protection and want to keep the same form factor of the iphone, go for the feather. I have it and love it.

If yo want more drop protection get the slider but be aware there are reports of it scratching the phone.

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

7. lazydesi macrumors 6502

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I think the feather is an overpriced piece of plastic. It's main purpose to protect the back from scratches. Would not protect from a drop. I have a white slider and it's slippery like a bar of soap. It looks beautiful but i felt added a bit more bulk than i wanted. I ended up with an iSkin Solo FX which is perfect. Slim and drop protection. Get the black Solo. Give it a thought at least. It's not a sticky silicone at all. Does not attract lint or stick in your pocket yet gives the phone grip.

9. Thrilledge macrumors regular

You can get the Feather from the AT&T stores for 5 Bucks

10. cubedweller macrumors 6502

I have both and definitely prefer the feather :D

11. Cakester macrumors regular

I have contemplated the same thing for quite some time. I have the Incase slider and I have dropped my iPhone at least 10-15 times, wrestled the phone from my Labrador's mouth and all in all, the phone looks pretty good. I have the Gunmetal slider and think that it is adequate protection.

But after researching the Incipio feather, it just seems too thin. More of a color change than true drop protection.

12. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

I have both and there is no way I'm putting the slider on my new 3GS. The slider scratches the S**T out of the chrome bezel. Buy the slider if you want your case to mess up your phone. Incipio feather FTW!!

By the way, my wife has the Griffin reveal and its a great case.

13. Thrilledge macrumors regular

I don't think you can even keep that chrome bezel from getting scratched. All you can do is try to limit it some how.

14. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

True, but the slider really gives it a beating.

15. daonesteven macrumors 6502

i think the slider is a real solid case that is beautifully built, but I personally felt it was a tad bit bulkier than I had desired and the sliding technique onto the phone caused vertical scratches along the back of the phone when some random dust or something gets lodged and drags across the back, which is exactly what happened to me. Mind you, I am incredibly OCD about wiping my phone and inside of the case with iklear before putting it in and yet somehow this happened so I couldn't recommend the slider.

that being said, i wouldn't plan on my iphone living inside the feather when I accidentally dropped it.

16. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I have the Feather on my 3GS and love it. Drop protection? Don't drop it. Just try and be careful with an expensive piece of electronics.

The feather is really a nice little case. I just wanted to keep the back nice and fresh. And FWIW, I had a Power Support Air jacket on my old iPod touch and dropped it once or twice on asphalt. The AJ is thinner than the feather and my iPod walked away unscathed. The case took a bit of a beating, but did more than it's job.

Love the black Feather, but it's on backorder so I'm stuck with the red one for now. I'm a fan of the sleek, minimalist covers. You want serious protection? Otterbox is the way to go, although they are very....um....colossal.

17. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

The black matte slider is the best case I've come across. I agree over time the bezel gets scuffed, but the case is well made, looks and feels good, and I have dropped all of my 3 iPhones multiple times in sliders and have not had any damage, for that, I'm willing to live with some minor bezel wear. The newer black matte sliders do seem better made and more protective than the older sliders, it also looks and feels better than previous incase sliders I've had, if you can live with minor bezel scratching, I think you'll love it.

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Formerly a long time slider user, I have just switched to the feather. Love it. My only complaint is no dockability. The slider (gun metal) was cool looking, but slippery, and it was very creaky if I squeezed it.

19. lacker macrumors member

lacker

personally using the slider , its a great cause and gives you a strong and sturdy feel in your hand. As for the feather its to give u the feel of the sleek form factor of the iphone and give u that extra grip. I would recommend the slider especially if u drop u phone quite often ;)

20. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I have both and prefer the Feather as well...I'm very careful with my phone so this one is perfect for me

21. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

if the feather had a lay on the table design, it would be great

im always putting my phone face down so thats another +1 for the slider

22. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

using the feather on my 3GS... annoyed that it doesn't dock in the 3G dock, but luckily, I also have one of the universal docks too...:)

haven't used the slider, but a friend has the gun metal one.. way too much bulk..

23. bobpensik macrumors regular

I have both and I prefer the feather.

I am careful with my phone though and don't tend to drop it, the case is more for scratch protection.