Incipio NGP soft shell (Flash issue)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Loves2spoon, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Anyone with the Incipio NGP Soft Shell have this issue with flash?

I emailed customer service with the pics. Hope they fix the issue.

Picture 1 without case.
    [​IMG]

picture 2 with case.
    [​IMG]

2. subtleknife macrumors newbie

I have the Incipio NGP Matte case and I didn't initially notice a wash out effect when using the flash, but after using it a bit more I think I noticed a small issue.

I contacted customer support and they said they are in the process of making revisions to the case with a larger opening. She said they would mail a new version of the case to me in about 3 weeks free of charge. You just need to provide your information (what color case, mailing address, etc.) and your Incipio order number or a picture of your receipt if you did not purchase it directly from them.

Go to http://www.myincipio.com/ and click on the "Live Support" link in the upper right corner to talk with a customer service representative. The one with whom I spoke was very helpful, hopefully you can get the same response.

3. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Sounds good! Hopefully they will do the same for me and replace mine as well.

4. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Incipio has excellent customer service! A very nice lady on live chat added me to the list to receive a revision of the case in 2-3 weeks!

5. Vanel macrumors newbie

I just picked this case up at walmart about a week ago, I totally love it.

I have the revised case, looks like a lot of case makers made that same mistake bringing the case in too tight near the flash.

The revision gives the flash a WIDE berth, probably almost too much but I guess they didn't want to take any chances.

[​IMG]

The case is the perfect balance between a tight fit, nice texture, and ease of removal/installation. I usually stay away from hard cases because they are a pain to put on and off, this comes off almost as easy as a silicone case, but it's much more rigid and the texture is MUCH better than silicone.

The case I bought is semi-transparent which I like but I wish it was more black, the packaging doesn't say what color this is, but I guess it's the gunmetal version? Maybe i'll give them a call and try to swap for black, because in the packaging it looked a lot darker, I really dig the transparency though.

[​IMG]

6. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Still havn't received my replacement case... They said the new batch would arrive last week.

7. missygal Guest

missygal

Ya I got an email from them that said it would be 2-3 weeks. Still waiting...

8. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Email support and ask for Andrew, see if he can give you any updates. I havnt received an email back yet.

9. missygal Guest

missygal

I just emailed them again tonight so Ill give them a day or two.

10. jason4427 macrumors member

Got the black one.

I almost bought that one at WalMart, but didn't love the idea of the case being semi-transparant. I knew they had the black one at the AT&T store so I ended up getting that one. It's solid and looks great. It feels quite a bit different than the bumper I was using. Much easier to take in and out of a pocket. So far I like it. Almost perfect, but I'm picky about small things. :)

11. mev1205 macrumors newbie

Could you post a picture of the black case? I have the old version of it and this version looks like they updated the look quite a bit.

12. Vanel macrumors newbie

I'd love to see it also, is the black one you got from AT&T the new version? I went to my local AT&T and they didn't have the NGP. I'm very curious if the new black version is semi transparent also, I'm assuming it's not since you didn't pick that one up from walmart.

13. jason4427 macrumors member

Black case

Will do so sometime tonight. When I can take a pic. The black version is completely solid.

14. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

My AT&T store didn't have any more NGP's either. I really like the look of the case now and how it feels. It sparkles under light! Pretty cool :)

I hope they didn't redesign the whole thing, just fix the camera hole!! :mad:

15. jason4427 macrumors member

Black version of the case

Here is the black case.

Attached Files:

16. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Thanks for the pic! Wish my replacement would show up. :)

17. jason4427 macrumors member

No problem! They didn't have it at the AT&T store near where I work in Skokie, IL... but they had a few on the rack at the Lincolnwood Town Center store. Funny... while I was there... someone was complaining they couldn't hear out of her 3gs. Turned out she had left the original plastic on, which covers the earpiece. I never thought I'd ever see that! I've heard of it, but never believed someone could be so dumb...

18. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Have any problems with a screen protector bubbling? Or what about having a back screen protector?

19. jason4427 macrumors member

No problem so far. My front protector is a Case-Mate. It's centered pretty well. I also have a back one still on there from when I had my bumper. I originally but on a Zagg Dry front and back. I hated the front, but left on the back. It's kind of thick, rubbery and a matte finish. Looks good being matte around the camera cut out with the matte case.

20. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

If I order a black case from myincipio.com would i get the revised version? The pictures they use are still of the older one.

21. Artood2s macrumors newbie

Hello, thanks for the pictures. Does this new version have any molding marks on the front lip like the original?

Thanks,
    Art

22. mev1205 macrumors newbie

Well I emailed Incipio customer support on Monday about this... and still no response? Wtf? :confused:

23. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I wonder if they will actually send us a replacement...

24. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

I emailed them asking if I order one right now on their website would I get the old version or the revised version, They game me some crap about 2-3 weeks and if it isnt up to my standard they will send me a replacement or something lol.

25. subtleknife macrumors newbie

I was placed on the replacement case list about 4 weeks ago, when I was informed that replacement cases would be shipped in 2-3 weeks. So I sent an email this week asking for an update and received this reply:

Thank you for your email and inquiry. I apologize for the confusion but we do currently have you on our list for a revised Matte Black NGP case. We are expecting to receive those within the next two weeks, and then we will ship your replacement case promptly. Once we ship your case, you will receive an email confirmation with your tracking information included. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.