Inconsistent battery life

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by aduteau, May 12, 2015.

1. aduteau macrumors 6502a

My Apple Watch eater has rocksolid battery life for a day and then the next day with the same amount of activity will drop battery life very rapidly .
    Usually I get a drop of 10% for three hours , then the next day still with the same amount of activity I get 3% drop her half an hour .
    Also I noticed sometimes that after a night of charging battery will indicate 99% not 100% ....
    Anyone else experiencing inconsistent battery life that one day everything is fine and the next day everything is really dropping fast ???

2. jjlannoo Suspended

Depends on usage. I know you said it was the same but it wasn't. As far as the 99% bit. It probably cycles a few percentage once fully charged.

3. Break81 macrumors member

Yes I have exact the same "problem" especially when i charge with my Anker over night

4. mrboba1 macrumors regular

If you get more notifications, it will drop faster.

Yesterday, mine dropped only 4% in the first 3 hours(!). This morning it is down 10% after 2 hours. A group text message has been blowing up today.

5% an hour is still 20 hours of battery time.

5. i-aamir macrumors 6502a

I am also experiencing similar issues. On the first few days battery life was great but it now seems to be dropping faster with me using the device less!!

The 99% charge issue is definitely present. I leave it on charge for 4 hours at a time and it goes to 99%. Take it off charge and within 1 minute drops to 98% and the works it way down at the usual rate. On the second or third charge mine did go to 100% and stayed at 100 for at least an hour or two! Not sure what's going on!

6. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it drops when i dont even have notifications !! I glance at it just to see the time and it drops battery life real fast !!

Other days I get notification and reply to text messages alot and it does not drop as fast even if i use it more !!!

This is a carging issue or battery life issue ??

7. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

Could the use of certain 3rd party apps possibly be causing the drain on the battery?

8. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. jjlannoo Suspended

its a OCD issue.

10. aduteau, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

ocd ?? In fact i have brightness set to the lowest

11. mrboba1 macrumors regular

You are paying too much attention to the battery levels, is what he is trying to say. The more you check on it, the more it will drop.

It doesn't sound to me like you are having any issues. 5% an hour is a decent rate to have. If you end your day between 10 and 30%, you are doing a-ok.

12. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

My battery life has been excellent, I've been getting about a day and a half before needing a charge.

13. JBUGGY macrumors member

JBUGGY

This AM when I went to put on my watch (left it charging overnight, as usual) it was at 99%. First AM this has happened with charging overnight.

I figured maybe due to heavy use the day before? Because my husband and I were testing out using the phone call feature on the AW the day before. Talked about 15-20mins. Maybe with that heavy use it's taking longer to charge??

I don't know...bc other days I hadn't taken calls through the AW. And if I did, it was only for a few mins...and by AM 100% full charge.

14. i-aamir macrumors 6502a

Just to confirm I tested a theory out from another thread and this information was correct. I charged my AW from about 60% and it reached 100% and stayed at that level for about an hour before dropping to 99%..98% and so forth despite the charger still being connected.

So in summary it can stay on charge for roughly an hour after it reaches 100% before auto-cutting off and discharging again.

Not a defect and just a design to prevent overcharging!

15. cougar9000 macrumors newbie

Mine has been inconsistent, enough for me to put the words "inconsistent apple watch battery" in a google search (which brought me here), and I don't even get notifications since I can't get them to work. Not even sure why I still have this thing..

16. edm11 macrumors newbie

Thats exactly what is happening to me. So is this normal? Then how come there are others with 100% in the morning? Mine sometimes 100 sometimes 99% or 98%. Kinda bugs me to be honest

17. mrboba1 macrumors regular

Because when it drops to a certain point (97? 98? I don't know the cutoff) it charges again. It's the luck of the draw as to what it will be when you pull it off the charger.

18. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I don't see that you've submitted any other posts, so have you tried to get your notifications to work? There are numerous threads about notifications on here, so some of them may address whatever issues you're having.

19. jwball macrumors regular

Mine came off the charger at 7:00AM and it's now 14:54 and I'm on 82%

20. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

I wonder how many people with battery issues have the battery % displayed on their watch face, and if that makes a difference in battery life?
    From the beginning, a month now, I have not had it on my watch faces. I don't want to know lol. And I've had great battery life, always ending my 16 hour day with 40% or more on my 38mm.

21. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Definitely very inconsistent. When I had the Sports model, my battery lasted forever and didn't even have to plug it in until the next day. With the SS model, it hovers below 20% at the end of the day with barely any use.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There have been some threads that said they got poor battery life if the watch was separated from the phone, not sure if this was your case. Mine has been pretty consistent with about 40-50% left at the end of the day.

23. Dukecitydawg macrumors newbie

I usually hit 50% by noon...

I take my watch off the charger at 0700, and am often down to 50% by noon, and that is with minimal notifications; really only using it as a timepiece. :confused: Not sure exactly what is eating up the battery.

24. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Geez, I can't wait until someone figures out the discrepancies in these charge times. It just doesn't make sense in some of these cases. I haven't used my watch much today either, off the charger at 0630 and 7 1/2 hours later I'm at 84% on a 38mm. Usage pic to follow..

Attached Files:

25. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

n

Attached Files: