Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJK13K

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Dutchess County, NY
What I have installed - Logitech Doorbell camera and four Logitech Circle View cameras divided into two home groups in the hope that enough cycles would be available to support them if they were divided. There did not appear to be enough cycles to support successful completion of the program code to produce an accurate clip.
Gray Home contains two cameras; My Home contains three, one of which is the doorbell. Each home also includes a HomePod with the hope that additional cycles might be provided, as required, by the home pod. An iPad Pro, model NTXQ2LL/A, is the primary support device. All software is current.
There is very little guidance available on what to expect from what one tries to get optimum performance from the cameras.

What I do not like - The cameras do not act in a consistent way!
Motion sensors do not seem work every time. A car goes out and comes back later. The
camera sees it twice or only once or not at all. It’s totally unpredictable.
When watching the camera live and seeing something I want to clip, I cannot clip. If the camera doesn’t see it, it’s gone.
When going from notification to the view, sometimes the cursor is placed at the end of all the clips, not at the clip that the notification was for.
The clip sequence is messy. They run together. Sometimes they overlap and the mark of the beginning of a new day is missing. They also string out instead of being one mark for each clip.
Clips end while motion is clearly continuing. Should extend a second or two beyond the end of motion detection.
If I want to send feedback so that the developer can see that a large turkey is defined as a person, no feedback is offered in the list of options.
12-27-21 11:54 am shows me putting out seeds on an empty rail. The next clip from 12:59 am shows all the seeds gone. What happened to them? Why did the camera show nothing?
Cameras fail to respond often and must be removed from their home and reinstalled. Sometimes they reset, and sometimes they must be unplugged/replugged to be able to reset. Does the camera have no errors codes that can be resolved with programming?
Program does not seem to be tested well at all.

I do not believe that Apple is serious about its support for Logitech cameras as security devices.

My experience with the HomeKit and Logitech disappoints me and does not match the expectations that Apple has set in my home with 2 iPhones, 4 iPads a new MacBook Pro, and older MacBook Air, Apple TV and two Home Pods.

Can you help?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Welcome to the **** show that is Apple HomeKit made gobsmackingly worse with version 15 of software across the board. All I can say is I have those issues plus many many more since 15. All have been reported, all have been ignored.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Logitech cameras have been consistently inconsistent in HomeKit since I’ve been using them the past three or so years. Their hardware isn’t the greatest either. Wi-Fi modules would take a crap for no apparent reason. They do have good customer support for hardware though.

philpalmiero

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2010
NOVA
I just bought a Circle Camera. I’ve never been a fan of Logitech hardware. They make a decent mouse, but seem to not test their other products well.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
My cameras go offline and come online multiple times during the day and I can never underway but that’s usually why things get missed

AJK13K

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Dutchess County, NY
Just updated my ipad to 15.5 and now my cameras are showing live view but they are not recording what it shows. Any idea which of the gods of technology I have offended.
artK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.