Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Remember there are state lemon laws plus the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that deal with express or implied warranties on mechanical goods (not just vehicles). Out of those we tend to get the cultural expectation that "3 strikes and you are out". So at the third major repair of anything mechanical, replacement should definitely be a discussion point.

Great you see such a difference in the SATA3-base SSD and the new PCI-e SSD. I did not know that moving to PCI-e what that huge of a I/O speed improvement.

uhslax24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
Remember there are state lemon laws plus the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that deal with express or implied warranties on mechanical goods (not just vehicles). Out of those we tend to get the cultural expectation that "3 strikes and you are out". So at the third major repair of anything mechanical, replacement should definitely be a discussion point.

Great you see such a difference in the SATA3-base SSD and the new PCI-e SSD. I did not know that moving to PCI-e what that huge of a I/O speed improvement.

I don't know the technical specifics, but it looks like the 1TB drive is the fastest of the bunch. 256 and 512 is typically in the 750MB range, whereas this drive screams at ~970MB. I was shocked at the improvement too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.