info screen and how to close all the open (100!) screens at once?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sophie8, Oct 13, 2009.

1. sophie8 macrumors newbie

I would like to know how I can get one single info screen from the files I have selected. For example I have been working on my music files lately and I often want to get information about the size of the selected music files or music folders. But when I select them I don't get one screen telling me how big the selected files all together are, but a screen will open for every single file or folder. So you need to calculate it by yourself in order to get the total sum. Is there a way to avoid this?

Then another thing: I can't find a function for closing all the open screens at once. Is there a way how I could close them all at once, because now I need to close them all separately. Like a couple of days ago I accidentally opened something which contains like 100 folders or more even. When I found it out, I couldn't stop it anymore and all the screens started to open. I had to close all the more than 100 screens one by one...:-(

Thanks in advance!

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

To get info for multiple items in one window press:
    Command , Option , I

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Hold down 'option-command-W' to close all windows in the Finder.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

To get the summary inspector for a group of files, hold down the "opt" key while going to Finder > File. You will see "Show Inspector", instead of "Get Info". (or, right-click on one of the selected files - you'll see the same change)

If you want close multiple windows with one click, hold down the "opt" key while clicking on the window's "x" button.

edit: Other options: what they said. ;)

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

and if you want the Total size of selected files use command control i
    S.

6. sophie8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a million! I wished I posted this question before, because would have saved me so much time! But better late than never!