Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Already done all the above to no avail.
Have you tried logging out and then back into the App Store? Restarting your Apple TV? Which version of tvOS are you running?

Also, by chance do you have 2 copies of Infuse installed? It could be possible one version updated, and the other did not. Each will be listed separately in the App Store.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Have you tried logging out and then back into the App Store? Restarting your Apple TV? Which version of tvOS are you running?

Also, by chance do you have 2 copies of Infuse installed? It could be possible one version updated, and the other did not. Each will be listed separately in the App Store.

I think I solved the problem with Apple last night with a technical error on their side with Family Sharing setup. All set for now, will be 100% sure on the next update.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
I really want to move over to Infuse exclusively, but...I have a few issues.

1. I have three categories via my Plex server: Movies, TV Shows and Concerts. I don't need to see these three AND a button for my library on the main menu. Is there a solution to this?
  2. I have nearly 900 movies. Plex makes it easy for me to scroll because I can just go the right margin and quickly scroll by letter without leaving that view. It takes far too long for me to scroll through my library when browsing with Infuse. Is there a solution to this?
  3. Plex allows me to play a separate video file before each movie via their trailer feature. It's the feature presentation intro clip shown in a major national movie theater chain. Can I implement this in Infuse? This is admittedly the most minor of all my concerns by far haha.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I really want to move over to Infuse exclusively, but...I have a few issues.

1. I have three categories via my Plex server: Movies, TV Shows and Concerts. I don't need to see these three AND a button for my library on the main menu. Is there a solution to this?
  2. I have nearly 900 movies. Plex makes it easy for me to scroll because I can just go the right margin and quickly scroll by letter without leaving that view. It takes far too long for me to scroll through my library when browsing with Infuse. Is there a solution to this?
  3. Plex allows me to play a separate video file before each movie via their trailer feature. It's the feature presentation intro clip shown in a major national movie theater chain. Can I implement this in Infuse? This is admittedly the most minor of all my concerns by far haha.
1. The Library icon can be hidden through the Settings > Library menu, if you prefer.
2 & 3. These are both on our roadmap for a future update. :)

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys. I've just bought an ATV4, mostly for streaming catch-up tv services, but I've discovered Infuse and it's good to see an app that has developed so rapidly over a few months.
I've been frustrated by ageing devices that don't play more modern file formats so I was pleasantly surprised to find there were options available on the ATV4 for playing media files. I plugged a USB drive into my router (the Fritzbox includes a rudimentary NAS server function) and my first thought (Plex) didn't work because it required the installation of a Plex server in the USB drive) not going to happen). Infuse quickly found the drive and works very well. I've upgraded to Pro to get access to some extra features/audio formats and I couldn't be happier.
It's important to our household that once set up, things are wife-friendly. I'm confident that the ATV4/infuse combination will be very well received.
Great work. Thanks.

Reactions: Dim08 and firecore

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi guys. I've just bought an ATV4, mostly for streaming catch-up tv services, but I've discovered Infuse and it's good to see an app that has developed so rapidly over a few months.
I've been frustrated by ageing devices that don't play more modern file formats so I was pleasantly surprised to find there were options available on the ATV4 for playing media files. I plugged a USB drive into my router (the Fritzbox includes a rudimentary NAS server function) and my first thought (Plex) didn't work because it required the installation of a Plex server in the USB drive) not going to happen). Infuse quickly found the drive and works very well. I've upgraded to Pro to get access to some extra features/audio formats and I couldn't be happier.
It's important to our household that once set up, things are wife-friendly. I'm confident that the ATV4/infuse combination will be very well received.
Great work. Thanks.
Awesome! It's great to hear you're enjoying it so far.

We still have lots of great things in the works, so keep an eye out for updates coming soon. ;)

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
1. The Library icon can be hidden through the Settings > Library menu, if you prefer.
2 & 3. These are both on our roadmap for a future update. :)
Thank you! That is wonderful to hear. Is it possible to reorder the icons/buttons on my main menu? Right now it is Concerts / Movies / TV Shows, but I'd like for Concerts to be last. Not a big deal really. Just curious!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thank you! That is wonderful to hear. Is it possible to reorder the icons/buttons on my main menu? Right now it is Concerts / Movies / TV Shows, but I'd like for Concerts to be last. Not a big deal really. Just curious!
Not yet, but it's on our roadmap of things to add. Right now Favorites are simply sorted alphabetically. You can rename them to manually sorting by long-pressing on each from the home screen.
It works!
Great! :D

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
@firecore I was reading about Plex's recent app acquisition and it got me thinking, how far is your companies ambitions? you don't have to give details (understandable) but I mean is it to continue supporting the app and new features or is there a broader growth?

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
Not yet, but it's on our roadmap of things to add. Right now Favorites are simply sorted alphabetically. You can rename them to manually sorting by long-pressing on each from the home screen.

Thank you. Do you offer a beta testing program for Infuse or no? I just joined your forum so I can keep up to date on any new releases and changes!

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
Is there any way to force Infuse to rescan/update the contents of a network drive/NAS? I'm having some trouble with my crappy NAS function on my router. I added a couple of new shows to the drive and deleted a couple, but Infuse isn't showing the new shows and is showing the deleted ones (except they don't play). I've tried forgetting the share and re-adding it, but that hasn't made a difference.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore I was reading about Plex's recent app acquisition and it got me thinking, how far is your companies ambitions? you don't have to give details (understandable) but I mean is it to continue supporting the app and new features or is there a broader growth?
Lots of good things for iOS/tvOS and other platforms. :)
Thank you. Do you offer a beta testing program for Infuse or no? I just joined your forum so I can keep up to date on any new releases and changes!
Sure - drop me a PM and I'll get you added to the beta.
Is there any way to force Infuse to rescan/update the contents of a network drive/NAS? I'm having some trouble with my crappy NAS function on my router. I added a couple of new shows to the drive and deleted a couple, but Infuse isn't showing the new shows and is showing the deleted ones (except they don't play). I've tried forgetting the share and re-adding it, but that hasn't made a difference.
UPnP/DLNA devices provide an indexed file list to Infuse, and unfortunately there can be a delay at times before Infuse has access to the latest info. If you are able to connect via SMB, NFS, FTP/SFTP, or WebDAV you can avoid these issues.

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
Thank you @firecore. I think SMB may be an option so I'll try and get that set up (frustrated by the fact that switching on NAS functionality has resulted in my administrator password for the router no longer being recognised so I'm going to have to reset all settings and start over ). Ah well, these things weren't meant to be easy.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thank you @firecore. I think SMB may be an option so I'll try and get that set up (frustrated by the fact that switching on NAS functionality has resulted in my administrator password for the router no longer being recognised so I'm going to have to reset all settings and start over ). Ah well, these things weren't meant to be easy.
Ok, good luck! Feel free to drop us a note if we can do anything else to help. https://firecore.com/contact

trombo22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
I switched from using SMB to NFS with my synology and there is for sure an improvement in fetching but two issues I noticed after the switch over. I noticed when "fetching thumbnails" it is looking at all the files over again each time but it only does it for TV show(best guess judging by the numbers it shows on the settings library tab) also the TV shows now have the generic description for each episode instead of the actual episode description. All the correct info is on tvdb just doesn't make it into my library. All of this on the AppleTV.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I switched from using SMB to NFS with my synology and there is for sure an improvement in fetching but two issues I noticed after the switch over. I noticed when "fetching thumbnails" it is looking at all the files over again each time but it only does it for TV show(best guess judging by the numbers it shows on the settings library tab) also the TV shows now have the generic description for each episode instead of the actual episode description. All the correct info is on tvdb just doesn't make it into my library. All of this on the AppleTV.
Have you noticed if this is affecting newly added TV episodes, or all of them?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I can't say for certain but I can double check tonight. It was newly added just not sure if it was added before or after I switched from SMB to NFS.
Ok, if you can double-check that would be great. We are looking into a few cases where episodes added after a library has been indexed can show series info instead of episode info.

pbbfm

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2017
I've been using Plex, but the lack of HD audio support has me trialling Infuse.

Some questions and suggestions:

Most of my movies are just the single mkv movie files, but some are in folders because there are multiple parts or I've also ripped extras/special features.

The problem I have is that I have an array of 12 hard drives, so the only way I can see my entire pool of movies is to use the Library feature. But when I select 'movies' in the Library, movies and extras that were previously in a folder in favorites are now all displayed out of their folder and among the other files.

Is there any way for the Library to show a movie folder as a single item, instead of displaying all of its contents in the browsing screen?

Alternatively, is there any chance we can get a naming suffix or rule that links extras/trailers/special features to the parent movie the way that Plex does?

/Movies
/Avatar (2009)
Arrival-scene.mp4
Bar Fight-deleted.mp4
Performance Capture-behindthescenes.mkv
Sigourney Weaver-interview.mp4
Stephen Lang-interview.mp4
Teaser Trailer-trailer.mp4
Theatrical Trailer #1-trailer.mp4
Theatrical Trailer #2-trailer.avi

Admittedly, they have too many suffixes, so a simple -extras suffix would be great.

That way, we could have files inside a folder that have the -extras suffix excluded from the Library view, but are viewable when you click on the title.

Basically, what I'm saying is that it would be great if you could handle extras/special features the way Plex does, but simplified and cleaner.

Another small thing...

Is there any way to have PNG files respect transparency?

I have scanned covers that are not the exact same size as the Infuse poster dimensions, so I open a transparent 1000x1500 canvas and center the artwork, leaving the top and bottom transparent. Plex displays it perfectly, but Infuse fills in the transparent sections with black background.

These are really my only needs/requests. Everything else works great!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I've been using Plex, but the lack of HD audio support has me trialling Infuse.

Some questions and suggestions:

Most of my movies are just the single mkv movie files, but some are in folders because there are multiple parts or I've also ripped extras/special features.

The problem I have is that I have an array of 12 hard drives, so the only way I can see my entire pool of movies is to use the Library feature. But when I select 'movies' in the Library, movies and extras that were previously in a folder in favorites are now all displayed out of their folder and among the other files.

Is there any way for the Library to show a movie folder as a single item, instead of displaying all of its contents in the browsing screen?

Alternatively, is there any chance we can get a naming suffix or rule that links extras/trailers/special features to the parent movie the way that Plex does?

/Movies
/Avatar (2009)
Arrival-scene.mp4
Bar Fight-deleted.mp4
Performance Capture-behindthescenes.mkv
Sigourney Weaver-interview.mp4
Stephen Lang-interview.mp4
Teaser Trailer-trailer.mp4
Theatrical Trailer #1-trailer.mp4
Theatrical Trailer #2-trailer.avi

Admittedly, they have too many suffixes, so a simple -extras suffix would be great.

That way, we could have files inside a folder that have the -extras suffix excluded from the Library view, but are viewable when you click on the title.

Basically, what I'm saying is that it would be great if you could handle extras/special features the way Plex does, but simplified and cleaner.

Another small thing...

Is there any way to have PNG files respect transparency?

I have scanned covers that are not the exact same size as the Infuse poster dimensions, so I open a transparent 1000x1500 canvas and center the artwork, leaving the top and bottom transparent. Plex displays it perfectly, but Infuse fills in the transparent sections with black background.

These are really my only needs/requests. Everything else works great!
Thanks for the feedback.

Adding support for things like trailers and extras is on our roadmap for a future update. We've got a few other things in the pipeline to release before then, but we definitely plan to get to it.

Also, I'll pass along your feedback regarding image transparency. I know we resolved one issue related to this awhile back, but it looks like there may be something else going on.

trombo22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
Ok, if you can double-check that would be great. We are looking into a few cases where episodes added after a library has been indexed can show series info instead of episode info.

So this is for all new episodes also the name of the episode is just the show name.

Reactions: BeefCake 15
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.