Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Looking at the Ink colored leather case for the 14 Pro.. I can't really tell from the pictures online. Is it a dark purple or blue?

MPPP3

Update 09-13-2022:

Went to my local Apple Store today and they brought one out so I could see it for myself. I did not see any hint of purple. Just dark blue or what Apple used to call midnight (before darkening it significantly last year).

Last edited:

NickSixers

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2004
I came to ask the same thing. I first thought that it was blue, but the view of it on the purple phone makes me think it's more of a purple.

Reactions: Synomenon

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I had that same question. If its more on the blue side, I will order it. I guess I'll just wait until someone posts a YouTube video of the cases IRL.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Same question, I was looking at the wallet in the ink color but gonna wait til I see it in person.... Should be in stores Sept. 12 since that is when it says you can pickup in store...

MaximizedAction

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Same question, I was looking at the wallet in the ink color but gonna wait til I see it in person.... Should be in stores Sept. 12 since that is when it says you can pickup in store...
Is the 12th (which says 13th for me now) the date it’s delivered there if you do in-store-pickup though or should the Stores start stocking them by then too?

Or in other words, do Apple stores start stocking iPhone 14 (Pro) accessories before they stock the phones themselves?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Is the 12th (which says 13th for me now) the date it’s delivered there if you do in-store-pickup though or should the Stores start stocking them by then too?

Or in other words, do Apple stores start stocking iPhone 14 (Pro) accessories before they stock the phones themselves?
They start stocking accessories before release of the phones.

Reactions: MaximizedAction

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH

They normally have the accessories the Monday before the release in the stores. It's been that way for several years now...

Reactions: MaximizedAction

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
On my OLED screen both the Ink and Midnight cases look like dark blue.

dinojr

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
and I thought the orange leather looked mustard yellow too.
Elderberry looked a better purple than ink, but is silicone durability improved this year, who knows.

Does the box EVER match the case ? :p

ks_2933

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2020
Went “boring” this year and ordered midnight, but I kinda want ink now. Initially thought it was going to more purple than blue but the vid/pic show otherwise.

Reactions: Teach8870

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
I couldn't figure out what color "Ink" was either. I ordered "Midnight" case and MagSafe wallet for my 14 Pro. UPS is delivering the cases today (Sat) already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.