Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
personally, glad to see the apple logo cutout gone. less chance of objects getting in there.

seems like nice choice of case/holster combo and slightly less bulky than the otterbox defender. but can't say for sure until actual pictures of either products.

The logo had a clear protective film over it in the newer version - it was great. If the version pictured on the website is their final version for the iphone 4, I won't be getting one though.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
personally, glad to see the apple logo cutout gone. less chance of objects getting in there.

seems like nice choice of case/holster combo and slightly less bulky than the otterbox defender. but can't say for sure until actual pictures of either products.

The logo had a clear protective film over it in the newer version - it was great. If the version pictured on the website is their final version for the iphone 4, I won't be getting one though.

:eek: ah, thanks for the update.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
They've updated the Innocase pictures again....that ugly ass design with the wave is gone and it's back to all black--a good thing if you ask me. They've also included a bunch a new colors.

I talked to a Innocase agent today and they are supposed to be shipping within the next week or two. :)

Seidio Cases

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
maybe they're working all the reported issues.

btw, anyone have experiences with their screen protectors?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
They've updated the Innocase pictures again....that ugly ass design with the wave is gone and it's back to all black--a good thing if you ask me. They've also included a bunch a new colors.

I talked to a Innocase agent today and they are supposed to be shipping within the next week or two. :)

Seidio Cases

Still don't like it. It looks weird from the front with those huge cutouts for the volume buttons and the sleep/wake button. The old style was much better. I really hope they look different when they actually come out but I don't think they will. Too bad because this has been favorite case for the past couple years.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
just saw a friend's Spring-Clip Holster (without case) for his nexus one. i liked the hinged clip, snaps in easily yet held the phone in well. can't wait to see actual pics and reviews.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I'm not sure if this was on there before (if it was, I certainly didn't see it), but Seidio has added the following "disclaimer" on their website:

"Pictures depicted are not an actual representation of the product and are for illustration purposes only; actual products may vary. Device is not included."

That's actually good news for me because I'm not a huge fan of the pictures they have on there right now. I'm hoping the final version is virtually identical to the case for the 3GS and has the logo cutout with built-in protection.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I too hope the design looks more like the one I have for my 3G, if they looks like what's on their website.I actually liked the logo cutout. I'm passing if this is what they are going to look like. They look like something I'd pickup from the flea market. I was wanting a case that could be used with a holster also

Guess I'll see what Apple's offering next week and then decide what to do, right now I'll just have to be careful with it and the Wrapsol that's on it

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
Here's the latest I received:

Hello

Thank you for your inquiry at Seidioonline. We are currently working on accessories for these new smartphones. We'll notify you when our most popular items are available. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA of the products for the IPhone 4. Please send email to iPhone4@seidio.com for more updates on these products.

Your business and continued satisfaction is of great importance to us here at Seidioonline Customer Service, so feel free to contact us at (832) 204-1118 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Seidioonline Technical Support

Seidio Customer Service

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
i was interested for myself on the difference between the innocase active and ii surface. but went ahead did a side-by-side picture comparison for everyone else to see. i've seen the innocase II surface in person before on a 3gs, now something new with the innocase active. similar concept as the incipio silicrylic, but the active seems a bit thicker. really though, we'll have to wait until the actual final production case is released.

ACTIVE
Created for those that have and want to maintain their active lifestyle in mind, the Innocase Active provides great shock absorption while adding minimal bulk. This two-layer case features a compact and lightweight rubber polymer with a precisely positioned hard skeleton for added protection. The design of the skeleton protects vulnerable parts of your device, such as the corners and sides.

- Interior casing made from highly durable and impact absorbing polymer
- Case raises the camera away from a flat surface in order to protect your lens and will not interfere with photo quality or flash
- Skeleton provides extra protection at impact points such as corners and sides
- Hard exterior skeleton finished with our signature rubberized coating
- Lightweight material with an overall thickness of only 2.2mm
- All ports, controls and camera remain accessible and fully functional
- Etched design gives your case a unique look

II SURFACE
Our Innocase II Surface is designed to protect your phone from scratches and drops while barely adding to the size of your phone. Our customers find our sleek design easier to grip then a bare device due to our signature soft touch finish, which enhances the look of your phone and does not attract lint. Now offered in a variety of colors!

- Slim case that provides scratch and drop protection
- Case raises the camera away from a flat surface in order to protect your lens and will not interfere with photo quality or flash
- Easily put on and remove your case with our unique slide-in design that consists of interlocking top and bottom pieces
- Rubberized coating and felt lining on the inside of the case protects your phone as you slide it in
- Etched design gives your case a unique look
- Edges of the case do not interfere with buttons or the keyboard on your touch screen
- Precision cutouts for access to the ports, controls, speaker and camera
- Compatible with our Innocase Holster and Innodocks

left: ACTIVE....right: II SURFACE

Attachments

• Innocase Active vs II Surface1.jpg
    Innocase Active vs II Surface1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Innocase Active vs II Surface2.jpg
    Innocase Active vs II Surface2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Innocase Active vs II Surface3.jpg
    Innocase Active vs II Surface3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64

eurotechnik

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Innocase II Surface Combo - Sage

Order placed, Innocase II Surface combo in Sage.

BTW, thanks for the comparision pictures LAS22. The Active case may add a little more bulk than I want, the II Surface should suffice.

BD2-HR3IPH4P-GN-2.jpg

eurotechnik

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Dang, noticed my surface ii case combo estimate ship date changed from 8/6 to 8/20. but black is available.

has anyone gotten any of their cases or clips that can share pictures and/or short review?

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.