Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
The pics this guy found definitely looks like the japanese one but how can anyone be certain that the iphone on top of the ipad in the other pic is the same thing? Its way too blury, could be anything on the top right.

im sure you guys know more than i do about this stuff so I trust your feelings more than mine...but I just dont see how anyone can connect the two in certainty

There is no "Japanese one"
The Spanish images are Photoshopped. And badly Photoshopped to boot!

C.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Maybe because Apple never meant for pictures taken in their test lab to be leaked onto the internet....?

are you seriously asking that question?

the first thing i would think to bring if i was going to one of these things is a camera....

maybe i wrote it a bit wrong, apologies. The point i was getting at is that it would be a prototype if anything, it would no way be the final product. It looks more like an ericsson than an iphone....

ckesten

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
New York
A number of people don't seem to like this design much (i like the look of the 3g/3gs better) or are saying this is just a prototype and won't look like this when released.. but maybe it needs to look like this if it has a removable battery

theTechnician

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
The pics this guy found definitely looks like the japanese one but how can anyone be certain that the iphone on top of the ipad in the other pic is the same thing? Its way too blury, could be anything on the top right.

im sure you guys know more than i do about this stuff so I trust your feelings more than mine...but I just dont see how anyone can connect the two in certainty

Well, it just seems like the silver bezel that goes around the supposed iPhone 4G with the black screen part on top looks like what is found in the test lab pictures, just blurrier... I don't think there's a single concrete answer surrounding any of this.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Well, it just seems like the silver bezel that goes around the supposed iPhone 4G with the black screen part on top looks like what is found in the test lab pictures, just blurrier... I don't think there's a single concrete answer surrounding any of this.

spot on, there isn't, but its fun to speculate isn't it.

how anyone can say this design is a step in the right direction is beyond me when you compare it to the 3G/3GS

theTechnician

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
are you seriously asking that question?

the first thing i would think to bring if i was going to one of these things is a camera....

maybe i wrote it a bit wrong, apologies. The point i was getting at is that it would be a prototype if anything, it would no way be the final product. It looks more like an ericsson than an iphone....

I think what I meant was that it seems like an apple engineer or worker would be the only ones allowed in this lab, as prototype products are being tested there. The people allowed in are probably under a contract that says they are not allowed to take pictures or even discuss what goes on in that room, for apple's fear of something leaking out. Apple never intended for any pictures to be leaked, but if this is real, then some engineer or worker snuck a shot in and posted it online. Just my 2 cents...

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
all i can say is, if this thing is real, Apple have 2 months to change the design otherwise i will not be buying it!

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Interested to know what connector they are using. Its definitely not the standard dock connector though judging by the depth of the connector and the gauge of the cord. I'm not saying that its for sure a VGA adapter. Could be some new accessory or it could just be an in-house only piece. Any thoughts?

4532835966_43d6a846c6_b.jpg

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
Interested to know what connector they are using. Its definitely not the standard dock connector though judging by the depth of the connector and the gauge of the cord. I'm not saying that its for sure a VGA adapter. Could be some new accessory or it could just be an in-house only piece. Any thoughts?

4532835966_43d6a846c6_b.jpg

It looks a little like the older Dock connector cable—the thicker one with the latches.

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
if this is indeed real, the new design is amazing. you dolts thinking its 'bad design' clearly don't know anything.

Currawong

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2005
Fukuoka, Japan (was Australia)
*Sigh*. People are so gullible, as always. Straight sides and splits in the case? Do you think one of the world's most famous industrial designers and the world's most famous CEO would let anything so grossly sloppy and average as is shown in these pictures out the door?

Remember who makes the advertising dollars from posting this stuff on their front pages.

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
*Sigh*. People are so gullible, as always. Straight sides and splits in the case? Do you think one of the world's most famous industrial designers and the world's most famous CEO would let anything so grossly sloppy and average as is shown in these pictures out the door?
I think people are overlooking how radical this design is.

Apple have become masters of building devices from aluminum and glass. These are now Apple's trademark materials. Look at the iPad.

When you pick this up, you would only touch glass and metal. There is no plastic anywhere.

C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.