Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
We knew this would come, but so quickly? It's becoming another facebook very fast...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Chronological feed is the main thing I wish they would bring back. Unfortunately I've had to unfollow accounts that I would normally like in order to free my feed up. Since I like the accounts and like most of their pictures, IG has decided that's all I want to see, yet my friend's posts from 30 mins ago get hidden away something like 50 scrolls later. It's becoming more and more of a mess with each new "feature".
They give the option to at least access that in Facebook, the least they could do is provide a similar option in Instagram.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Am I the only one who simply wants a feed of posts, from the users I follow, in reverse chronological order (newest first)?

I like the idea of a “you might like” feature, but not in the main feed. Imagine if you were listening to your Apple Music or Spotify library and a song you’d never saved came on!

Reactions: HacKage

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
It's hilarious to see all the complaints in here.

Why are they adding this feature? Because it works and people like it. Complain all you want but the fact is, Instagram has tested this extensively. What they've found is that people engage more with new accounts and follow them. The data shows people actually find great value in this feature.

Complain all you want, while you might not like it, the vast majority of users do.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's hilarious to see all the complaints in here.

Why are they adding this feature? Because it works and people like it. Complain all you want but the fact is, Instagram has tested this extensively. What they've found is that people engage more with new accounts and follow them. The data shows people actually find great value in this feature.

Complain all you want, while you might not like it, the vast majority of users do.
Curious, where is that data? How does it show people a actually finding great value? How does it show that it applies to the vast majority?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.