Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flatjuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
I want to ask sort f a basic question, Can I create a partition (on my Sorbet Leopard running MDD G4), and restore image of OS9 (either with CCC or Disk Utility) to that new partition? Will it boot fine if I press option while restarting?

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
This is what I don't understand. How do I get OS 9 Drivers to my Sorbet?
The OS 9 “drivers” can normally only be added when partitioning a drive from scratch in Disk Utility, erasing anything that is on it.

But the tool in the post I linked to can do it non-destructively.

Without these “drivers”, OS 9 won’t be able to see any partitions on the drive and it won’t boot from the drive.

flatjuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
The OS 9 “drivers” can normally only be added when partitioning a drive from scratch in Disk Utility, erasing anything that is on it.

But the tool in the post I linked to can do it non-destructively.

Without these “drivers”, OS 9 won’t be able to see any partitions on the drive and it won’t boot from the drive.
So, let's say I have one harddisk running Sorbet as my main, and I have secondary disk, I can partition with OS 9 in it?
My system has 2 separate disks that originally I intend to have several OS for that secondary disk.
Can I go with this route? Or I have to have the drives in the same harddisk as Sorbet?

flatjuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
Yes. In this case, only the secondary hard disk needs to have the OS 9 drivers.

You don’t need to have OS 9 and Sorbet on the same hard disk.
Can I install using image of OS 9.2.2. restoring from CCC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.