Installed Cydia and removed, but cannot erase iPhone why?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lisbaby, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Lisbaby macrumors newbie

I installed Cydia on my iPhone 4 using wifi internet, I was then removed it as I wasn't confident with it. I then tried to erase everything on my iPhone, but it's not running and I need to restart my iPhone also found out nothing has been done (not erase).

Please help... :(

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Wait, what? Please slowly and with detail tell us what you did. So far I get you got Cydia and later deleted it. However, I can't quite get what happens next.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

honestly if your not confident with Cydia then don't jb. Restore device as new jb is 100% gone.

5. Lisbaby thread starter macrumors newbie

I followed a guide from the internet.. Go to Cydia --> Manage --> Cydia Installer --> Remove --> Confirm

6. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

7. Lisbaby thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (version 4.3.3 and firmware 04.10.01) by logging into www.jailbreakme.com on my iPhone 4's Safari and installed Cydia. I'm not sure if it was jailbroken and feel very uncomfortable with it, so I tried to remove it. Go to Cydia --> Manage --> Cydia Installer --> Remove --> Confirm

After I removed Cydia, I tried to erase iPhone to turn it back to a new set. However, the screen showed the Apple logo but it was not running. I then restart the phone and found out my photos are still there. I tried to install back Cydia and repeat the procedures twice but still I cannot erase the phone.

I know it sounds a bit clumsy of doing these, but I just feel very uncomfortable with it. Please help =(

Also, installed Cydia does mean my iPhone has been jailbroken right?

----------

tried to do it but I need to download the latest 4.3.5 version before I can restore.. the internet here in my place is terrible, keep my lappy on for a night but ended up internet timeout. :mad:

----------

Thanks, I was trying to help my friend who has his first iPhone.. :(

8. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

If you have cydia then the phone is jailbroken.

So is the phone working or not?

If you want to completely remove jb then just hit the update button in itunes. This will update your firmware to latest one.

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

How did you erase your iphone? Did you just go to setting and erase all setting? If that's true then you've done it wrong! That's NOT how you do it. If you don't even know how to revert a jailbroken idevice to normal state then you SHOULD NOT be helping others to do it. Jailbreakme has made it too easy for people like you to JB and act smart to help others without the sufficient knowledge.

SOLUTION: Just plug the iphone into itunes and upgrade or restore it.

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Google for a d/l link from apple's servers. You can use one of those d/l helpers or find a better connection. Install by pressing option+restore in itunes.
    Next time you want to help a friend, why don't you make sure you know what you're doing? It's not helpful to mess up a friend's phone. :rolleyes:

11. Almeuit macrumors regular

Sadly it was JB at that time :(

^^ What Gngan said.

12. Lisbaby thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, the phone is working well. =)

----------

You may just ignore me if you are not happy to share the information, otherwise please be gentle. I told him I didn't how to do it but he wants me to try. By the way, I was trying on my iPhone instead of his.

Thanks anyway.

13. mmartinez macrumors newbie

mmartinez

I need similar help with Cydia

I am receiving the following message:
    "The package com.cracktouch.safaridownloadplugin5 needs to be reinstalled."
    I have tried everything, and I am not able to jailbreak because it will upgrade to 5.01 from 5.0.1 which I don't think is jailbrakable.

So I need to delete Cydia and try to re-jailbrake it without restoring.
    Do you know how to completely remove Cydia?
    Thank you
    Mario

14. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What do you mean i tried everything? You need to tell us because we may just end up suggesting what you tried.

Moreover, 5.0.1 is JB-able.