Installed Icarbons skin on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NewToMac11, Mar 15, 2011.

1. NewToMac11 macrumors member

i installed my icarbons skin and just wanted to post up some pics, before i bought it i searched and did not see much on the icarbons so decided to post some in case any one else was thinking about getting it. I did not know if i was going to like it, but i actually like how it looks. install was not to hard, i had some trouble lining up some parts of it but for the most part it looks good. the cut outs are really good i probably went to quick on the back and did not line it up perfectly. let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Look s the good , was the installation hard at all?

and how much did it all set you back for?

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I probably won't do skins - I like the unadulterated look. But I must say - that looks pretty dang sharp!

4. NewToMac11 thread starter macrumors member

install was not bad, i watched the videos on the Icarbons website, which i would recommend. i just used a blow dryer on low setting to heat up the corners to get it to stick right on the top cover, the video shows it and all. just have to take time, and get everything lined up as best as you can, i know its not 100% perfect but i did not expect to get 100% anyways. im glad with how it turned out, it cost 50 plus shipping off there web site.

5. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

how tacky.

I'd recommend the Wrapsol clear skin. it looks great, has a matte, translucent finish, and even gives the MBP a little sparkle.

6. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

useless post the op was simply posting this to let all of use see how it looks.

We are aware of the other products out there to use on a mac, but hating is not cool.

Maybe this gives his sparkle too?

anyway op its kinda neat to see something different:cool:

7. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Does putting on the icarbon on your MBP make it harder to cool? Having a bare MBP where the aluminum is exposed any better for cooling then if was covered by an outer skin.

8. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

The exterior looks boss but on the inside, it just looks hideous mate. The moshi palm guard would've been more suited to the inside but if you're happy with it, that's all that really counts. ;)

9. badpinoy macrumors regular

it looked pretty good at first, but then it reminded me of my old gateway fx. now i'm not so sure.

10. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Is that green? I'm assuming it's just the camera. I'm not a big fan of skins, but the outside doesn't look bad, the inside though...:eek:

11. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

Excellent Job

You did an excellent job on the installation. I can't imagine the patience it required. Your MBP is really protected now. Everyone has different tastes, so just ignore uncomplimentary comments. You said it wasn't 100 percent, but it looks perfect to me.;)

12. NewToMac11 thread starter macrumors member

it is a carbon fiber pattern not green, it was hard to get good pictures with my EVO's camera. and yes if i wanted a clear one i would have got one. anyways i think its a different look, and worst case scenario if i do not like it anymore im only out the 56 dollars it cost me and i can take it off.

13. Bigchris macrumors member

Looks good, I just ordered the back Carbon fiber for my iPad 2.. Can't wait now.

14. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

Thanks for sharing. Been thinking of wrapping my MBP for a while now and this looks great. Just ordered the back/top kit. ;)

15. themac23 macrumors regular

It looks decent, but i also like the stock look of the MBP. I think this skin takes away its classy look. I put the same style carbon fiber backing on my iphone 4 and took it off a week later. I really think even the iphone 4 is sexy as hell as is. I just think Apple styling is classy as is.

16. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

man,that looks great,it will provide scratch protection all round,without overheating,so good one,better than hard shell cases,i had one and it scratched my bl$%dy mbpro by little grains of dirt getting inbetween the case and aluminium etc,not good,ive just ordered one,in black,cos i saw this,i like it frankly,thanx for posting,i wouldna known otherwise,:D:apple:

ps,i bet the camera under unnatural light didna capture the exact tone of it,yes?

17. Bmproductions macrumors newbie

It looks cool! not my kinda thing, but... the first picture reminds me in some way of the 'old' powerbook. :D

18. themac23 macrumors regular

I just checked out the icarbon website and they have a white carbon fiber variant that looks like the exact color of the MBP. It also has a black carbon apple logo. That one is very suddle and looks VERY, VERY, NICE.

19. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

i know i agree,i tossed up between the two,i dont think the pics the op posted do it justice frankly,but i went with the darker colour for my 15,its being sent out today,il post some pics too when it comes,hope its not too hard to put on,

hate it when things dont align well,jus hav to b careful hay,.oh no,maybe shoulda got the white one now u say that,lol.!!!:)

20. Suanmiao macrumors member

MBP is a beautiful machine as it is, I for one haven't seen a single case that can out shine apple's original design...

21. themac23 macrumors regular

I agree. When I take my MBP out it goes in a zippered incase neoprene case.