Installer crashes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PruneTracy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. PruneTracy macrumors member

PruneTracy

Hello, I searched the forums kinda hard, but not THAT hard, so if it's been answered a billion times, just point me in the right direction.
    BUT! I cannot seem to install new apps. The installer gets through the download, starts unpacking, starts install and quits to the menu. ive tried reinstalling installer, but to no avail.

HELP!

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

This would be kind of an obvious thing, but after you installed installer, did you restart the phone?

Also, what firmware are you using? And what is it that you are trying to install that is not working?

3. PruneTracy thread starter macrumors member

PruneTracy

Hello
    I have tried restarting. I'm running FW 1.1.2. Pretty much any app i try to install craps out. Ive already got quite a few apps installed, though. For instance, I cannot update gpSPhone. I think it might be the problem, now that i think about it. Maybe i'll uninstall that?

4. roostaar macrumors newbie

I am also having this issue.

Installer downloads package, then crashes as it attempts to install the package.

Is there a way to re-install Installer!?

Edit: Uninstalled gbSPhone and seems to have fixed Installer crashes! :)

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

try installing BSD Subsystem as first app

6. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

i actually thought mines was running out of space as every time i installed a few apps, it would start this crashing scenario, and if i uninstall a couple, it is fine again...

i assume itunes cannot accurately give the correct free space levels on a jailbroken phone?
    According to itunes i still have 4gb left

7. sk8tergaro macrumors newbie

:D that isnt the partition that installer app is installed on but i have had been having the same problem......:confused: anyone