Installing SWTOR on a partition

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by irkedone, Nov 18, 2011.

1. irkedone macrumors newbie

I'm using bootcamp to install windows and it's asking me what size I want the partition to be. Is a 5 GB partition enough space to install Windows and Star Wars: The Old Republic?

2. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Oh dear god no, Windows needs at least 20GB, and you need around 30GB for SWTOR, I'd dedicate around 50GB to Star Wars.

3. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

You'll need an absolute minimum of 60 GB for Windows/SWTOR, 80GB gives some breathing room, 100GB more room for expansions.

You might get away with 50GB, but it's a tight squeeze for Windows. You may not like the results when it comes to maintenance functions.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

No disrespected intended but why would you even think that 5GB would be enough to install Windows and an MMO like Star Wars: The Old Republic ?

5. MasterTick macrumors 6502

I meant 50GB just for SWTOR, :)

6. PoseidonMac macrumors member

Not sure if this matters but you seem like the people who might know this. So I have a 75GB partition with Win 7 and plan to put SWTOR on when I get it. I have Skyrim installed, not sure how much HD space I will have left over but is there any reason to make sure I have X HD space left over... should I leave any particular amount of space free on my partition?

Also, is there any chance SWTOR will someday be released natively on the mac?

7. malman89 macrumors 68000

You just want to leave extra HD space mainly for the fact that it's not convenient to re-size the partition. There are options out there like Winclone, but at first you had to totally wipe the partition and re-install Windows.

8. PoseidonMac macrumors member

Have you found a good replacement for Winclone? Cause it is not supported in Lion. But I do really like that program, wish there was something free and easy that works on Lion.