Installing Windows 7 was a bear....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greytmom, Mar 16, 2011.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

on my new MBP. Well, not so much installing Windows, but the drivers? Yikes. It got hung up halfway through and I had to cancel out, then it wouldn't eject the OSX disk. Ended up going into safe mode and installing individual drivers from the disk where it would allow me to do so, then restarting and running the driver installer again, to clean up whatever wouldn't run in safe mode. But, I'm happy to say all drivers are finally loaded... I'm exhausted!

Downloading and installing Office 2010 now... hopefully that will go a little more smoothly!

Still running quiet as a mouse, and right now in Windows, my CPU temp is 48.5 and my GPU temp is 44.

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

I like gummy bears.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

pretty much.

4. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

I lived in Germany for three years and we ate them all the time. So I must call them gummi bears (pronounced goomy)! Love them.

And the Gummi coke bottles are awesome too.

5. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

sorry to hear. glad you got it worked out.

that's the exception rather than the standard experience.

6. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

There are a chit load of things I LOVE about Germany. They sell alcohol at consession stand in most theaters and there's beeRs everywhere. Plus the autobahn!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::apple:

7. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

Oh yeah they do. We lived there when I was a kid, and there were people who came around the AF base every day peddling candy, fruit, pastries, etc. Imagine our delight when we discovered the little chocolates with the liquor inside.

10 years old, and toasted.

8. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

Yep, it was odd - I have Windows 7 on my old one and that was a seamless experience. But, that was 32 bit and this new one is 64 bit. Not sure if it made the difference, but it definitely didn't go smoothly.

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

At least your Windows 7 runs normally. Mine keeps popping up with "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting" ALL the time. (Before anyone chimes in I've done everything humanly possible on my end, even called Microsoft who took 6 hours to say "Well maybe its counterfeit" even though its not).

10. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

no, I don't believe that should have made any difference. I've installed the 64-bit version a few times now with minimal blood loss.

11. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

I got that once on my old MBP. Ignored it and it never happened again... weird.

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'm not so lucky :( It pops up every time. Everything still seems to work fine (except it won't let me change wallpapers).

Luckily I only need to use Windows when working in Unreal engine.

13. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

I've had both. 32 bit on my 2010 model and 64-bit on my 2011 model. No problems. Though I will say I only boot into Windows about...once or twice a week to play some games lol.

14. Pengapine macrumors member

I am doing the same thing right now?

Did you notice anything unusual when installing the Bootcamp drivers? I freaked when it popped up saying it was installing Nvidia drivers, since mine is the new high end 15" and has a ATI gpu. Did you have the same experience?

Yeah, installing was kinda a bear. Installing windows 7 64- it hung up and wouldn't oot after second windows update....
    b
    Gotta love windows, even on a mac it has issues....

15. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

No, I didn't notice - I was doing 100 things at the same time!

I wouldn't think it would matter if Nvidia drivers were installed - just won't be using them.

16. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

17. tcador macrumors regular

Yes, they are wonderful.