Instead of waiting for the new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Aug 18, 2008.

1. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I am thing of buying the current one, the white macbook always has good reception for Wi Fi, the free ipod, love the light keyboard....would love a new model, but thinking of buying a lowend 999.00 on Ed discount... but really on the fence?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you can wait then wait. If you absolutely need a new macbook then get one.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

if you need it and want it, go ahead. It's a great computer with a great deal attached...

But I'm waiting..

4. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont need one ,have a new sony, but selling the new sony now might get me some money Plus the final cost after selling the ipod would be near 650-700 which if i like the new one I should be able to sell the lowend one?? yes no? If it has black keys I will hate it...my eyes are a bit bad

5. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

put it this way - i am waiting for the NEW macbooks to come out... and i am hoping they switch to aluminum and they add a nice backlit keyboard like the MBA but NOT keys that clash with the color - if the new MB comes out and it's not what i want - i will go on ebay and buy the current Black Macbook

i dont know if they will do a metallic black version but if they do and everything looks good, and the keyboard matches then i will buy that instead... but im keeping my options open, in case apple decides to crush my dreams :p

other than that i dont think there will be problems - i have had windows too long and really hope that apple fulfills my expectation and that i dont have to worry about any problems like this and that i will be fully sated and will permanently become an apple user :apple:

6. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

The OS is amazing but when they change the screen the yellowing problem might come back, I am up for a change but the ipod deal is sooo good its hard to pass up.

7. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

rumors are that they will ALSO release a new iPod Touch to match the iPhone 3G. so i dunno.. that's why i choose to wait on this. you never know what will come up

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well Apple did say that their next line up would be more competitive so the next Macbook will no doubt be cheaper so you'll perhaps save enough to get an iPod.

9. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

does the MBA have a yellowing issue? cause it'll probably be the exact same...
    and if you consider that the street value of an 8gb touch is about $250 (if you were to buy from Craig's list or similar places) and that the new MBs might be $100 cheaper. you'd only really be gaining $150 from the deal..

10. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

yeah, seriously sandy keep both options open

11. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no need for the ipod touch, ok back to the waiting then..........the MBA screen was good, the MBP was very bad.

12. Applepwns macrumors member

yay for waiting! haha you'll be happy with the new designs and if you don't like the new one .. which is unlikely.. just go to ebay or macmall.com and get huge discounts on previous models =]

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why? They both use nearly the same screen. Were you looking at a matte display on the Macbook Pro? (matte, in my opinion is ten times better than glossy)

14. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

I went thru 3 yellow screens on a MBP, the yellow tintwas crazy

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Did you ever think to calibrate the display? You can change the color profile and I've found that most machines Apple ships have a pretty bad warm tone to them until they are properly calibrated.

16. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Had nothing to do with the profile, just search MBP screen yellowing :)

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I know about that, but that issue is more just on certain parts of the display and I believe that you were confusing a poorly calibrated display* with the yellowing issue.

*Apple's calibration of their displays is always bad except the cinema displays

18. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

this has been a long wait already....

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

So... it was just poor screen calibration ;)

If the yellowing issue was over the entire screen then it just needed to be calibrated, if you only had it in a corner or something then it was a bad screen simple as that.

20. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Cal. the screen many times..... it never left the bottom of the screen :( I am going to best buy to check out the macs... still love the white :)

21. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got back think i will get one now and another when the new ones come out I kinda like the white.

Attached Files:

22. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

two laptops. is the really necessary, you can just wait sine you already have a vaio.

23. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope vista is that bad, maybe i will wait for the first bump.....and sell this one for 500.00 dont know yet but its paid for :)

24. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Vista is NOT bad. Everyone says it is from first-hand experience, yes the original RTM was bad, then everybody says it's bad. If people would just learn how to use Vista properly, it basically meets OS X functionality for most things average people do, like e-mail, photo album, calender, internet, a few games ,etc. (flames are bound to be coming) I've had no problems with Vista (on Acer desktop, not dual boot MBP) , in fact I'm using it right now. No viruses if you install a free A-V (avast).

Mind telling me what's so bad? Thanks.

25. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Buy now and/or buy when cheap
    none of apples hardware is ever worth waiting for "Latest and greatest" tell that to all the iphone owners who overpaid and didn't even get what they paid for now 3g is out and cheaper than the previous iphone

im not bashing
    im just saying it would be wiser to buy a refurb and save 500 than being broke
    and having a laptop that may be marginally faster but is still not fast enough