Intel Sandy Bridge 4 Core i7 vs. AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by deepak.selvaraj, Jan 3, 2011.

1. deepak.selvaraj macrumors newbie

I am planning to buy a high performance desktop with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 6 Core 3.2 Ghz. Should I wait for an i7 4 Core Sandy Bridge processor instead?

2. Squadleader macrumors regular

Then what happens when the Muddy Water processor comes out...?? Your i7 4 core will be outdated...;)

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

You should wait. People should always wait for the next new thing. You never know when something better will come out, so you should always wait.

Look, if you are always waiting for the "next big thing", you'll never build a machine. If you are ready and have the money, go ahead and build.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I remember when I was picking out specs for my PC, I was deciding to go with the i5-750 or some 3.2 ghz AMD phenom. Looked at some benchmarks and the i5 beat it. Also Intels seem to overclock better too. In the end, went for the i5 and couldn't be happier. In my personal experience, Intel processors seem to take the lead to their comparative counterparts but I guess it really depends what you're talking about

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I would hold off until there are at least 16 cores per processor and quantum thrust cooling becomes an industry standard.

6. fpar macrumors regular

Sandy Bridge!!! Look at the benchmarks that were done today, its the best performer in its price range by a large margin, destroys the Phenom! Considering its just round the corner now it makes no sense to gt old tech, its like getting a powerbook after they announced the macbook.

7. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Personally, I'm holding out for 100 cores.