Intel X25-M G2 160G on 3.06Ghz uMBP = WOW !

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I know there are many threads in regards to SSD on uMBP but I just got done installing the SSD on my uMBP and this is by far the best MOD I have done, EVER !

Everything is absolutely blazing...WOW !
:D

jazz1

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I've got the early one, a 80GB Intel in my MBP. It's fast and I don't miss the heat an noise at all of an HD. Usually tweaks don't make as big as impression as I had hoped but this one does.

Where'd you get your hands on yours?

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I've got the early one, a 80GB Intel in my MBP. It's fast and I don't miss the heat an noise at all of an HD. Usually tweaks don't make as big as impression as I had hoped but this one does.

Where'd you get your hands on yours?
I searched and searched and found one on eBay for pretty cheap.

I can't believe I've been living without one for this long. I will never go back to standard HDD ever again.

zw-gator

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2005
Canada
why do people post these.....

great....i know ssd's are not for everyone, i dont need to be confronted about the price difference in every thread.
My post is just as useless as this thread.

I mean, it's some guy basically saying "I installed an SSD and now my computer is faster"

No benchmarks, no nothing. Where's the discussion?

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Then feel free to buzz off from this thread. There are plenty of bench mark threads in regards to SSD. I was simply stating that I was amazed by the performance.

zw-gator

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2005
Canada
Then feel free to buzz off from this thread. There are plenty of bench mark threads in regards to SSD. I was simply stating that I was amazed by the performance.
Then why bother posting?

IMO the mods really need to start cleaning up these types of threads like they did with the "I JUST BOUGHT A MAC OMG!!!" threads.

harperjones99

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
I will be happy when SSDs are more affordable for sure. Everyone says how great they are and in my past bad HDs and displays have been the two major problems giving me headaches about laptops. I struggled affording my MBP as it is so an upgrade at current costs is not in my immediate future but I am glad to hear how fast and reliable SSDs are...it bodes well for them becoming more mainstream and that's good for all of us.

Cycom

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Then why bother posting?

IMO the mods really need to start cleaning up these types of threads like they did with the "I JUST BOUGHT A MAC OMG!!!" threads.
You have the option of NOT posting in this thread. Judging by how annoying you are, I would hope you choose that option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.