Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Thanks for the laugh. You claim I have no idea what I'm talking about, when the issue is you don't understand what I wrote, and you think Intelliborn uses a subscription model for Intelliscreen.

b98QzcR.jpg

I said that because it's pretty much what it amounts to.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
They get upgrade pricing like everyone else. And they can continue to use ISX on 5.x as long as they want...nobody is forcing them to upgrade and there aren't really even that many features in iOS 6 to recommend it.

I wish this would have been explained to me up front in October when I purchased this

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I wish this would have been explained to me up front in October when I purchased this

Same here, I mean fair enought that takes work to update the app, but half the price of the original?! Really? C'mon... it really seems like a rip off.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Same here, I mean fair enought that takes work to update the app, but half the price of the original?! Really? C'mon... it really seems like a rip off.

When Microsoft comes out with a new version of Office, I do not have a problem with them charging for it because you have the option of using the old one that you paid for on the new operating system.

I wouldn't have a problem with paying for this if IntelliScreen X added a ton of great features but this just sounds like a port of the same software for iOS 6.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
When Microsoft comes out with a new version of Office, I do not have a problem with them charging for it because you have the option of using the old one that you paid for on the new operating system.

I wouldn't have a problem with paying for this if IntelliScreen X added a ton of great features but this just sounds like a port of the same software for iOS 6.

You can still stay on iOS 5 and use your old intelliscreen x.

What would you do if they just didn't update at all, cause they needed to work and make money for their children or what not?

wongster41

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Steal it AND violate MR rules. Congratulations. Maybe you'll get some ethics and morals for your birthday.

Obviously the devs have ethics and morals for developing an MyWI app that can unlock tethering on your phone when your phone carrier forbids it unless you have the tethering plan. Give me a break.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
You can still stay on iOS 5 and use your old intelliscreen x.

What would you do if they just didn't update at all, cause they needed to work and make money for their children or what not?

How can I stay on iOS 5? I've already upgraded to iOS 6. I purchasd an iPhone 5 and sold my 4S last Monday when the jailbreak was announced. They didn't announce this until 2 days ago.

I purchased this 4 months ago and now it's useless. I should call my credit card company and just do a chargeback

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
How can I stay on iOS 5? I've already upgraded to iOS 6. I purchasd an iPhone 5 and sold my 4S last Monday when the jailbreak was announced. They didn't announce this until 2 days ago.

I purchased this 4 months ago and now it's useless. I should call my credit card company and just do a chargeback

$20…. not the end of he world

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
well blame those who pay for it, if theres no demand they may change their strategy but it seems to work so why change it

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
well blame those who pay for it, if theres no demand they may change their strategy but it seems to work so why change it

Still doesn't make it right to screw over the people that supported you and paid for your app just because it seems to work and those suckers will probably pay again. If this was cracked I'd download that in a heartbeat instead of giving these crooks more money. We paid for the app already. Half of the purchase price is not an upgrade fee, it's piracy from your paid users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.