Interesting article on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Sep 8, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

http://www.thespec.com/News/Business/article/630437

Yes, we've all been educated on the problems and complaints with AT&T as of now.
    But in hindsight, after AT&T loses exclusivity with Apple, other carriers will be able to sell the iPhone causing iPhone users to go from being confined in AT&T's room to exploring the rest of the house with other carriers. Theoretically, since AT&T is spending all this money now to upgrade their networks, does it make sense to anyone else that after they lose exclusivity and traffic use goes down on their network, AT&T's network will be the most prepared, therefore, will be the most efficient out of all the others??...or am I thinking in the wrong prospective?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Right thinking. Think of it as one congested freeway, in this case I-10. Then think of an alternate route for I-10 less congested. In this case I-610 or I-510 or I-410. That means traffic from I-10 will divert to the other 3 freeways emptying out I-10.

But if I-10 was under construction to allow more lanes for higher traffic and is emptied into other Interstates, then that means that whatever traffic is left in I-10 will enjoy the benefit of those extra lanes when construction is complete.

Now, think of it as airwaves and cellphone signals and carriers.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Great Example!:)

4. MasonMI macrumors regular

Doesn't I-10 have the ability to open up contraflow where traffic can travel on both sides of the highway ? :)

I do agree though AT&T does need to add more towers and get some major upgrades in place.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That I recall correctly, contraflow only occurs in the event that a Cat 3 or greater hurricane is 72 hours from touching landfall near me. So.... does that answer your question?