Interesting IOS/Iphone article

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, May 18, 2011.

1. falconeight, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
  2. MacosLover macrumors newbie

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

And you see plenty of Android users jumping ship back to Apple.

Your point is ...?

4. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Have you seen who has the larger portion of the market?

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I've had a PC running Windows XP for nearly 8 years. iOS is still perfectly fine.

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

And have you seen how much of the market the iPhone has with ONE device, versus the dozens of Android devices?

In other words, your argument doesn't hold. :rolleyes:

7. RebeccaL, May 18, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

LOL I still run XP on one of my PC's too. That OS is rock solid, specially for games.

:confused: The most recent version just came out in March.

8. falconeight, May 18, 2011

falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It's the same old os upgraded

Windows is windows no matter what version you have.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

With that logic, Windows 7 is just Windows 98, but upgraded.

And please stop creating multiple posts. Use the edit button to add new information.

10. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

3 devices, the old one, the black one, and the white one.

11. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

12. falconeight, May 18, 2011

falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Exactly that's why windows is junk.

Ones thicker

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Under your logic, the Android OS is still the original Android OS, which should be changed.

Again, this is under your logic.

14. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Android has different UIs that make it different and give people options. iOs is just iOS.

15. stephensays macrumors member

Coming from a person who went from iOS to android last year and came back to iOS when the 4 came out, I can easily say iPhone wins hands down because while they don't have the highest specs, it is very refined and stable compared to the android line.

Sure, the ideas and specs introduced in the overly crowded ecosystem sound cool. But in reality it's execution and overall quality is sub par.

Apples not stupid. They know they're gonna have to make some changes. And they will- that's a given. After all, they're all about business so they're going to do all they can to stay on top. It takes them awhile to get stuff out there, but when it does get introduced, it's near perfect in terms of intuitiveness and stability.

16. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

.... You just said all of Windows is the same. They have different options also... Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

Here is your quote:

So like I said, under YOUR logic, Android is Android and is no different between the different UI's.

17. RebeccaL, May 19, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

No it's not LOL: http://news.consumerreports.org/ele...iphone-is-not-thicker-than-black-version.html

Different skins slapped on by manufacturers do not make it a different OS. These skins only create confusion among consumers and fragmentation.

I am curios as to what desktop OS are you using that completely changes with each version.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is apple falling behind? yes. By not releasing an updated phone, HTC, Moto, Samsung have leap frogged apple on the hardware. They have superior screens, and specifications, though consumers care little of specifications however. What they do care for is faster phones that are cool to use. Apple still has the cool factor.

iOS is also falling behind, android with every revision is offering more and more. honeycomb for instance has an interface the (for the tablet) that rivals if not exceeds iOS. Add in the ability to actually customize it, makes it a potent competitor.

The danger for apple is that if they play it safe and produce only minor incremental changes to the hardware and software. Their competitors are not producing minor incremental updates. Apple needs to continue to innovate or risk falling behind.

They were in this position before so hopefully history will not repeat itself, i.e., Pc vs. Mac.

19. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

OP- I understand that you love your Galaxy S II. So do I!

However, I think your fanboyism is over-the-top. Perhaps you should tone it down if you want people to take you seriously.

One of the few actually unbiased people on this forum! I salute you :)

20. samh macrumors 6502

Just because we haven't seen anything as of TODAY does not indicate that Apple is just sitting around doing nothing. The cyclical nature of technology means that nobody is in front every single day -- Apple will continue to innovate (or they won't, and they'll fail) but I guarantee you they're not "worried" as though they've been caught off guard that other companies are improving their own products.

21. MacosLover, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

MacosLover macrumors newbie

Stop posting lies man!

Accept that Android is the best OS and iOS sucks. Android is the OS of choise for doctors, engineers, and philosophers. The only people still using iOS are fashion models, vain women, and hollywood artists. The iphone is a fashion accesory, Android is a technical phenomenom.

And the white iphone is obviously thicker than the black one by as much as 4mm. The phone is getting bloated just like the OS!

Consumers are getting smarter and embracing the bennefits of free open source OS like Android.

22. Grimes macrumors regular

That's just speculation, without data it is just your opinion based on your own experiences.

23. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Not to mention dropped calls, silly antenna, breaks easy, notifications pop up and stop whatever else you are doing, tiny screen, folder system makes no sense, go through 3 screens to turn on or off functions. People report you when you debate them.

[​IMG]

24. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

So now we are friends with consumer reports?

Different skins give you options. I understand Apple give you zero options. Can't change the battery, can't use the sim card on other phones, can't upgrade memory, can't can't can't. I guess some people like that.

No desktop OS completely changes but they actually give real updates. Apple does a great job with the Mac OS, so does android. Rim has destroyed their company with keeping an outdated obsolete OS, so did Nokia.

25. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Android has more devices so that is a big reason for the market share

jailbreak your phone then you will have a hard time finding something you wish your phone could do that you cant

PS. people "root" their androids so that OS must be missing things too