Interesting SSD comments

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Original poster
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Internal-Solid-State-CMFSSD-256GBG2D/dp/B0026V5MY0/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Corsair 256 GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CMFSSD-256GBG2D
$749 :(

"I know that this is not cheap and I hear you. But if you want the joy of the greatest upgrade ever in the history of upgrading, this drive is the drive to get. Also, DO NOT go cheap on SSD drives. You get what you paid for. All SSDs are not created equal. Go do some research before buying but if you want to listen to someone who already did the research, read anything and everything on SSDs for years, then run, don't walk and buy this awesome drive."

2 seconds to full iTunes start-up for example.

Easy install with Torx 6.

Rocketman

discuss

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Internal-Solid-State-CMFSSD-256GBG2D/dp/B0026V5MY0/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Corsair 256 GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CMFSSD-256GBG2D
$749 :(

"I know that this is not cheap and I hear you. But if you want the joy of the greatest upgrade ever in the history of upgrading, this drive is the drive to get. Also, DO NOT go cheap on SSD drives. You get what you paid for. All SSDs are not created equal. Go do some research before buying but if you want to listen to someone who already did the research, read anything and everything on SSDs for years, then run, don't walk and buy this awesome drive."

2 seconds to full iTunes start-up for example.

Easy install with Torx 6.

Rocketman

discuss
It sais 22 seconds. My Intel does it in 16 ;) Think the vertex does it too

rbmclaughlin

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
I have one in my 2.66, 15 inch MBP, and running 10.6.2 it boots in 19 sec. It's an excellent drive with no stutters and minimal slowing after 10 months of use. Great value!

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
That is the old Corsair SSD drive. You want the M225. I have an Intel G2 160GB in my MBP. Unbelievable what a difference it makes. Can never go back to a hard drive.