International Launch and Scalpers...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CIA, Mar 29, 2011.

1. CIA macrumors 6502a

So as expected the iPad2 is more or less sold out world wide after the international launch last Friday. My question for all you non-USA would-be buyers...
    Does there seem to be a scalping problem in your country?
    Many of you remember that the majority of the lines here in the US every morning were made up of a certain group of humans predominately of a certain ethnic background. (Is that vague enough to not be racist? You know what I mean, c'mon!)

Just wondering if it's the same overseas now, or in general if there is a problem of the same group of people (whatever the race) lining up every morning obviously buying just for re-sale.

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Nope, bought by normal people, although a bunch of them still showed up on our local "craigslist" / "eBay" for an additional $100 - 150.

I suppose Denmark is just too small of a market to really worry about scalpers.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

1. Once everyone stops buying iPads or whatever is rare at the moment at more than retail prices from eBay, the scalping problem goes away.

2. I find it incredibly racist when you say that people from certain races are either too lazy or too stupid to get into the scalping business :D