Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I've had no problem with this but I recently had cause to change my facebook password. I upload photos to facebook from a graphics program (ON1 Photo raw2018) which uses the macOS Internet Accounts to do so.

Since I updated the password on Facebook though I keep getting the above message - "Can't Connect to the account facebook".

I have put my new password into the account several times, tried deleting it and re-entering all of the information (username and password), re booted the Mac and even tried deleting the oath tokens in Keychain Access>Passwords.

All to no avail, it still won't allow me to connect to FB and upload photos. I can access FB the normal way so its not the FB end.

Any suggestions please?
I use a 2014 Retina iMac with latest macOS.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: cabbageman

cabbageman

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
Denmark
I have the same issue and after having read a few posts on the Apple forums and Stack Exchange I've come to the conclusion that nothing you can do will solve this issue. It has been reported to both Apple and Facebook so we can only hope they will fix it some time soon.

In the mean time if you still need to sync your calendar, you can set it up manually by adding a new subscription in the Calendar app. And if you want to get desktop notifications from Facebook, you would need to use Chrome or Firefox and enable them from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.