Internet- Alternative Viewing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Sep 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Huntn, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We have any subscribers that know their way around this app, available on Roku and Apple TV (4th generation)?

I'm a new SlingTV subscriber currently accessing it on Roku. So far it's working well, but it's documentation is less than desired on the app and at their web site Help Center. When I first signed in on the Roku app, I was prompted to set a MyTV custom channel list, which I did, but now I want to adjust it and I can't see a way to accomplish this. Help appreciated! :)

(If this is not the best forum, I'll look for it to be moved.)

2. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Answer- Editing the My TV List. Scroll to the far far far right to find the edit button. Duh. :)

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Just discovered Newsy.

Not only is it a web site chock full of interesting, intelligent video based news reporting, but it also has a live streaming channel I found on Sling TV (accessed through (Roku/Apple TV 4th gen) where you can listen to these stories stream, in current but potluck fashion or you can choose what to listen to.

When I streamed it, virtually every report was highly interesting from reports on FCC net neutrality, a debate on, hunting vs Eco tourism (Eco tourism makes more money) mountain lions going extinct in the Los Angeles area, Oklahoma fracking and earthquakes, North Korea missile launches, Ubaskistan politics, politics outside money, Congress's revolving door policy- Congressmen becoming lobbyists, and even Donald Trump's financial and people ties to Russia.