Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apphero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
India
Hi All,

This is my first thread to start here. I represent Mac app development company AppYogi Software.(web: Appyogi.com). We are developing Utility Mac apps from past two years.

Recently we launch an app to test Internet speed from mac menu bar.
URL: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/internet-speed-test-app/id1087442457?ls=1&mt=8

I also want to share some promo codes for feedback too.
Please use them, if you are ready to give some feedback or suggestion about the app.
Promo Codes: (grabe before some one else does)
WN7JLKXYE6AM
EHAJERRKJFKM
F7MA77HLX4LX

App Description:
Get accurate Download & Upload speed tested of your network with detail report of all the testes performed.

"Internet Speed test" has a unique algorithm that cannot be tricked by PowerBoost or similar speed enhancement tools.
So, the results you achieved will be accurate as per your system data speed.

"Internet Speed test" is a single threaded test while most others (like speed test dot net) are multi-threaded. It uses a single connection to download the sample files which is closer to what you actually do in your everyday browsing and downloading.

Features:
• One click internet speed test right from menu bar.
• Upload and Download speed of your network connection.
• Export .txt format report for internet speed tests with date and time.
• Get the public IP address of your computer.
• Just click to copy MAC address of your PC.
• PC network connectivity is shown with dark and grey icon.
• Retina Display enabled icons.
• Easy to use interface.
• Best in the market.

Basics:
Test Count : Number of test done to get accurate results
Latency Time: A time delay between the cause and the effect of some physical change in the system being observed.
Jitter Time: The amount of time it takes for a block of information, called a packet, to travel across a network
Public IP: Your public IP address is the IP address that is logged by various servers/devices when you connect to them through your internet connection.
Test Server: Location of Server user to determine your internet speed.
Mac Address: A unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Apphero,

I am interested in trying this out and have some experience doing testing. If you would like to PM me a code when it's available in the UK store I'll give it a whirl and leave you a review.

A couple of things...

I have used Network Logger Pro. For my uses it doesn't look like this app would be much competition for you. The interface is terrible, it looks like it has been designed by a blind person (and that's probably being unkind to blind people). It was so bad important information and buttons were scrolled off the screen and couldn't be accessed. It also crashed quite a bit which is not good when you need to do long term testing. This app will not provide much competition for you.

Your problem is that you can get a perfectly good testing service for free from http://testmy.net I see that you're currently discounting your app by 80% and the normal price is $24.95, so the question is why would somebody pay that much when they can get similar for free? I wonder if you have miscalculated slightly on the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.