Invisible Shield for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manjaap, Jun 9, 2010.

1. CJayC macrumors 6502

Hell yes. I love the look on my friends' faces when I take my keys out and start going at the screen and back side with it.

I will definitely without a doubt get the Invisible Shield for my iPhone 4. It comes with a lifetime free replacement warranty, too.

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

free lifetime replacements huh? hmmm. I think I'll see what the iPhone 4 is like first before getting films.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Already ordered mine!
    Got a great discount.
    Just enter you e-mail in the weekly iPad winner contest and you get a coupon!
    I've entered 3 times already and non have been less than 30% off.
    My highest (the highest) was 50%!

4. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I don't really like ZAGG skins they turn yellow on me everytime. I went with a power support on my 3G after the ZAGG kept yellowing and it seemed to work better.

Although I'm glad the iPhone 4 is flat on front and back it should make putting the skin on a lot easier. The rounded backs on the 3G 3Gs are a nightmare to put the skin on.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Unless you constantly carry diamonds around in your pocket, I don't think Invisible shields are necessary with the iPhone 4.

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

thanks for this. i got a 50% on the first try! ;)

7. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

Thanks, just got a 50% off coupon.

8. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

In my opinion Zagg is really durable and everything but i really dont like the feeling it has on the touch screen :S and it turns yellow for some reason after a while.

I really want the iSkin for the iphone 4 and the ipad , i love there products and quality ;)

Can't wait for em .

9. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

^ ha, you guys are lucky! and no problem, glad I could help you guys save a few bucks!

10. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah it has an orange peel texture. Bodygaurdz are smoother and don't yellow either.

11. johng723 macrumors member

I use the Zagg invisible shield on my macbook and it does get pretty gross after a while. Luckily they have a lifetime guarantee and you can get a replacement without too much hassle. Definitely worth it if you ask me. Personally I'd probably just use the Invisible shield on the back of the iPhone 4 and a powersupport for the front since I like the texture and quality a lot better.

12. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

I got 3 of um but I prob wont use them so here

10%
    iawbwpz4

30%
    ia2bwpp6

40%
    iawbwpa0

I already have a shield for my 3GS and I get $5 replacements so im wondering if i could replace it and get a iPhone 4 shield? hmmm

13. dmx macrumors 6502a

They are great for the peace of mind. I guess I am not careful enough, but each iPhone I've owned I get hairline scratches on the screen (only visible in sunlight).

They are not perfect, though. I ordered one one time and put it on. After watching all the key test videos, I was impressed, so I decided to test it out myself with my fingernail - result = scratch all the way across my screen. And on the 3G/3GS the back cover is nearly impossible to put on correctly.

They offer a service (I think it is like $10 + the price of the shield itself) for professional installation. You just ship them your phone and they'll get it back to you pretty quick and it'll be perfect. I'm not sure if it is listed on their site or not, you might have to ask about it.

14. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Nice! I got the 50% off coupon!

I've had two of these before for the iPhone 3G and the didn't conform to the body well at all. The second time, is was installed by the pro at the mall, and it looked like ass within a few weeks. This, however, is flat! I'll try it! :p

15. Built macrumors 68020

I like Power Support skins better. They never seem to yellow...are easy to apply...are virtually indetectable...I've had them on my original iPhone 1st gen...iPhone 3G and my iPod Touch 3rd gen...

16. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I like the ZAGG skins, but the edges do tend to peel over time. I have used their lifetime warranty a couple of times, all without a hitch.

I just got my 50% coupon, so I might take advantage of it.

Perhaps if I get an Apple bumper case and the skin's edges go underneath, it might prevent the edges from peeling up.

17. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I think I will be getting one from bestskinsever. These skins will last two years no problem, and as long as you dont suck at putting them on you shouldnt ever use the lifetime warrenty....and I dont feel like paying 3x as much

Had it on my last iPhone since day 1 and it was awesome

18. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Damn it - i got a 30% discount.

Really want a 50% discount - does anyone have one that they do not need?

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'll wait for FullBodyFilms as they got the highest rating by iLounge.

20. nlr macrumors 6502

Doesn't the quality of the colours go down when its applied?

21. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I heard many negative things about the Zagg IS. I highly recommend the clear-coat skin because it is not super sticky like other skins, does not get an orange peel affect over time like the Zagg IS and won't discolor over time. The clear-coat skin holds up very well.

http://www.clear-coat.com/home.php

There was a Zagg IS kiosk at my local mall, right across from the Apple store. It was shut down about 3-4 months ago and taken over by clear-coat. clear-coat also has a kiosk upstairs at the mall. I heard that Zagg was having production problems and quality control issues with the IS, that's why they shut down. Well, they are back again. I guess they fixed the problems. We shall see. I vote for clear-coat! Great product. Their telephone and email customer service could be better though. Not the best response times. Luckily there is a clear-coat kiosk really close to my home.

22. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

23. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Not that I'm aware of. The material is actually pretty thick and it can have these weird lines in it that against the screen, might cause a small spectrum-like effect that looks like a crack, but other than that it wasn't bad when I had it on my old iPhone. Now the yellowing edges and peeling corners were a different matter :p

24. Built macrumors 68020

I am looking at the Power Support skin applied to my 2007-vintage 1st generation iPhone...applied when I first got it...and it STILL looks great.