Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Can anyone confirm if 10.1 fixes the "could not activate cellular data network" error that seems to show up whenever my 7 plus changes from 4g to 3G? Happens at exactly the same place, everyday, without fail, on my commute to/from work.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
You are completely missing the point. Its worked the way described since the beginning of time up until iOS 10.0 beta 8. Thats when it changed, and ONLY in Safari. So yeah your recommendation sounds like an easy thing from the 50,000 ft level but now if you are typing an email you have to use the keyboard differently than if you are typing in a text box in Safari. So remember while flying along "oh I am in safari I need to press ABC again now" and while in email "oh I am typing an email I better not hit ABC because it already changed back for me" . THATS the reality, not its only pressing a button.

BTW its only not working is part of safari so not even consistent within Safari which further complicates things.
I think he's doing it on purpose, so don't bother.

buzzman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2007
Weird, it doesn't show me an update.
Even with beta 2 the ota was not shown. I had to wait for the public beta.
But my UDID is correctly entered and active in my dev account. Strange.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Sorry, but telling someone to "get a life" just because he has an issue with something that you don't perceive as an issue is rather silly. Considering you're on a MacRumours forum regarding a beta that mainly tech geeks use. By your logic you need a life yourself and so does every person commenting on this forum. I agree with the person you rudely replied to, any lag is unacceptable on an iPhone in 2016, there should be none whatsoever at this point, and with each update is the first thing I look out for. Each time I'm disappointed. And one of the reasons it still exists is because of people like you.

I think the issue is that the person keeps complaining about something that is 'intended'. It is very obvious that Apple gave the 7/7Plus different animations. These animations are being perceived as lag even though its technically not. So every single beta goes by and she/he keeps complaining about something that they think is broken, but is actually intended.

Reactions: stulaw11

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Getting back on topic, it seems like the sound bug is still present. Keyboard/Lock sounds are entirely too low even when volume is set at max. Is anybody else still seeing this?

Reactions: theramod

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Getting back on topic, it seems like the sound bug is still present. Keyboard/Lock sounds are entirely too low even when volume is set at max. Is anybody else still seeing this?

I was seeing that on 10.0.1/10.0.2.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Sorry, but telling someone to "get a life" just because he has an issue with something that you don't perceive as an issue is rather silly. Considering you're on a MacRumours forum regarding a beta that mainly tech geeks use. By your logic you need a life yourself and so does every person commenting on this forum. I agree with the person you rudely replied to, any lag is unacceptable on an iPhone in 2016, there should be none whatsoever at this point, and with each update is the first thing I look out for. Each time I'm disappointed. And one of the reasons it still exists is because of people like you.

His comment was just pathetic. Because of a slight animation delay he's giving up on the iPhone 7.

That means you're sad as well because you replied on a forum.

Go figure.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Just updated to iOS 10.1 beta 3 from 10.0.2. I immediately notice smoother, faster animations and loving the Portrait mode! yay!
This should be a really nice change for users who update from 10.0.2 when 10.1 goes public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
On the Safari keyboard issue, it seems that its sorta fixed actually. Well I mean if you type a number then comma and space it now works. only if you don't put a comma or other punctuation after the number is when it fails.
so 2, space= works
22 space=works
2 space= not work

Also the hidden button in music app still there (and hidden) ha

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On the Safari keyboard issue, it seems that its sorta fixed actually. Well I mean if you type a number then comma and space it now works. only if you don't put a comma or other punctuation after the number is when it fails.
so 2, space= works
22 space=works
2 space= not work

Also the hidden button in music app still there (and hidden) ha
I believe it's been like that before where if you use more than two characters from the "123" keyboard and then a space it will work fine, but a single character and a space generally won't work (again, just in Safari basically).

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Waiting patiently for the battery test results.

Ha, it will be a few hours. But I've been running this specific 'method' since iOS 8.4 and it has been proven daily consistent and accurate. However these first few hours go with testing is very representative of the build overall.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I believe it's been like that before where if you use more than two characters from the "123" keyboard and then a space it will work fine, but a single character and a space generally won't work (again, just in Safari basically).
I'm using Chrome and seeing the same behavior.

Reactions: VSMacOne
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.