Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
I am waiting for iOS 10.3 beta 1 release which is rumored to be tomorrow . If there is an iOS 10.3 update I will update ,if not I will update to iOS 10.2.1 beta 3

Reactions: Freakonomics101

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I am waiting for iOS 10.3 beta 1 release which is rumored to be tomorrow . If there is an iOS 10.3 update I will update ,if not I will update to iOS 10.2.1 beta 3
Why not update to both? :) Do 10.2.1 b3 today and update to 10.3 Beta 1 tomorrow (if it actually does come out).

GrievingFob606

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
Don't lose your hope, Math889. We will be looking forward for the first beta of iOS 10.3 tomorrow afternoon.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Let's hope this beta fixes the massive beta drain that was present in the last beta

I'm glad I'm not delusional. Lol. Battery life was awesome for the first week and then it went downhill after that. Nothing changed at all. Even had the Facebook app and battery life was still outstanding.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Battery drain still aggressive. Sometimes the usage time is exactly the same as standby time, sometimes not. When they are the same, battery will run out in moments (around 2 hours) no matter how I use it. When they are not, battery could last 4 hours or so. Still way worse than previous iOS version.

Update: seems that battery capacity has been artificially reduced in some cases. Because when battery drains fast, battery recharge speed is also fast. When not drain fast, recharge speed is also slow. Happened in previous beta.

iPhone 6s Plus.

Last edited:

oodi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
Hey i have a crazy hypotesis regarding this battery drain and shutting down problem (shutting down at 25% lets say). What if apple fixed shut down problem by interpreting that 75% battery life as 100% (if its going to shut itself down then that means this is the juice you have). And with this fix we perceive a reduced battery life.

It also explains those fast recharges as actually phone has some more juice.

And there you have people upgrading to new phones as they have insuffucient batteries :). And people who dont want to upgrade will have hassle-free phones. hey jokes aside i know it sounds crazy but couldnt stop myself from sharing my thougth process.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
I am assuming the TV App is only available in the US as I don't get it in the UK? I still have the videos app.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Hey i have a crazy hypotesis regarding this battery drain and shutting down problem (shutting down at 25% lets say). What if apple fixed shut down problem by interpreting that 75% battery life as 100% (if its going to shut itself down then that means this is the juice you have). And with this fix we perceive a reduced battery life.

It also explains those fast recharges as actually phone has some more juice.

And there you have people upgrading to new phones as they have insuffucient batteries :). And people who dont want to upgrade will have hassle-free phones. hey jokes aside i know it sounds crazy but couldnt stop myself from sharing my thougth process.
if that were Apple's way of "fixing" the issue, it would be very easily be found out by reading the battery data.

also, I think things are generally smoother in this beta because it's very likely to be the GM build. I experienced the same kind of buttery smoothness with the final 10.2 beta, which turned out to be 10.2 GM.

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
Battery drain still aggressive. Sometimes the usage time is exactly the same as standby time, sometimes not. When they are the same, battery will run out in moments (around 2 hours) no matter how I use it. When they are not, battery could last 4 hours or so. Still way worse than previous iOS version.

Update: seems that battery capacity has been artificially reduced in some cases. Because when battery drains fast, battery recharge speed is also fast. When not drain fast, recharge speed is also slow. Happened in previous beta.

iPhone 6s Plus.

I have the Same on my 6S+.. my battery eill go from 50 to 20% in minutes then plug it inti my Mac and it goes back to 50% in a fee minutes and coconut battery reports its at 59% too. Also Battery Health jumps from 30 to 85%. Unreal

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Given the short or no change/rant list in first post since last few betas, our community hasn't listed a single obvious bug.

This means Apple's software team is doing a darn good job. Kudos.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Given the short or no change/rant list in first post since last few betas, our community hasn't listed a single obvious bug.

This means Apple's software team is doing a darn good job. Kudos.

Only if you don't consider the battery issues plaguing multiple users across multiple devices...

Reactions: luchid

Danilo - Italy

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2014
Has anyone noticed if the orientation bug on the iPad Air 2 has been fixed in any of the iOS 10.2.1 builds?
I will found it in a day or two. I have the iPad Air 2 with the beta 3 from some hours now. Il will post here if the bug is still present or not.

Dark storm Phoenix

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2017
iPhone 6 running 10.2. Beta 3 Doesnt seem to have fixed my unexpected shutdowns or my phone turning off at 10-20%
Apart from that running much faster than previous beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.