Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
SOS removed? Read it in the Front Page thread. I was looking forward to having that feature.

Do people really think they'd remove a feature as handy as this? It'll be back. Some people were reporting that the SOS feature called emergency services by accident so Apple will be looking into that and making sure it's fixed before re-adding it.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Do people really think they'd remove a feature as handy as this? It'll be back. Some people were reporting that the SOS feature called emergency services by accident so Apple will be looking into that and making sure it's fixed before re-adding it.

Apparently they left it in for those in India. So that doesn't really make sense.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT

Attachments

• IMG_0050.PNG
    IMG_0050.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 504
Reactions: LordQ

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Can anyone get the new Apple TV beta to download... mine just hangs on both Apple tvs

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I remember being you who explained something about build numbers. I wanted to ask just one thing, how do you know when is the official software is close to release through the build number?

Typically, when the letter drops off at the end of the build number, it is ready for public release. Apple very, very rarely breaks this habit. Its been broken 5 times in the last 10 years.

Reactions: teddybearstand

Cu5co

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2015
Someone with poor wi-fi speeds on IP7 since the 10.2 betas?

Yes, me too. Very poor indeed. Hope they fix this.
Sometimes the test starts on high speeds but after 1 or 2 seconds it will slow down too much.

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yes, me. Very poor indeed. Hope they fix this.
Sometimes the test starts on high speeds but after 1 or 2 seconds it will slow down too much.

That could be related to server strain. It is very hard to get scientific results from running speed tests. There are hundreds of variables that cannot be accounted for.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
The new TV app does not seem to play videos synced to my phone directly. Only those purchased through iTunes.

Thankfully the old Video app is downloadable through the App Store (at least for now).

UPDATE: Interesting. They now play in the TV app, as long as I have the Video app installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: YaBoiD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.