Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Did you had to backup and restore or it just updated without loosing any data
No. Run a backup just in case of any issues.

Download 10.3.1 ipsw, Connect to iTunes. In Windows hold down shift key and click update button (not sure what you press in Mac). Find ipsw and update. Will update to 10.3.1 and everything should be there. Did it yesterday.

Reactions: doubletap

doubletap

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Ashburn, VA
No. Run a backup just in case of any issues.

Download 10.3.1 ipsw, Connect to iTunes. In Windows hold down shift key and click update button (not sure what you press in Mac). Find ipsw and update. Will update to 10.3.1 and everything should be there. Did it yesterday.

^^^^ This! Thanks for writing it up scjr! Option key for mac instead of shift.

Reactions: scjr

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Hmm... no one here experienced problems with Ford sync?

I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost and since updating I wasn't able to pair my phone anymore. I've now just downgraded to 10.3. I did so because after checking my wife's iPhone 6 (same model as mine), 10.3 worked seamlessly with Ford/Microsoft Sync.

I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem.

Will get back to you to confirm if rollback to 10.3 works.

Cheers

2013 F-150 and no issues with Sync here.

ricardoriquier

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
is it worth going to 10.3.1 I have 10.3.2 beta but when I had 10.3 it was some animation lag has it been fixed with 10.3.1 many thanks

Is it still laggy with 10.3.2 beta? If not, I'd keep the beta. Pretty sure any lag issues were fixed on both 10.3.2 beta and the current 10.3.1

travod

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
So I'm still on 9.3.5 - I never downloaded anything later because of supposed battery issues and stuff. Is it safe to download the newest update yet?

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
So I'm still on 9.3.5 - I never downloaded anything later because of supposed battery issues and stuff. Is it safe to download the newest update yet?

In all honesty I would stay where you are at for as long as you can, you've been there this long what's another couple months. I'd wait until the final release of iOS 10 before taking the plundge.

I wish I was still on iOS 9, unfortunately my current iPhone came with 10 preinstalled.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
In all honesty I would stay where you are at for as long as you can, you've been there this long what's another couple months. I'd wait until the final release of iOS 10 before taking the plundge.

I wish I was still on iOS 9, unfortunately my current iPhone came with 10 preinstalled.

I've stayed on 9.3.5 too on my 6s. I tried iOS when it was released and I was so frustrated I downgraded while I still could. It was slow, super laggy while scrolling, and had major battery issues. Apparently, it still has all of these problems. I'd like to update, but don't want to ruin my phone by doing so. I've kind of given up hope on iOS 10.x fixing any of these.

Reactions: ipooed

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've stayed on 9.3.5 too on my 6s. I tried iOS when it was released and I was so frustrated I downgraded while I still could. It was slow, super laggy while scrolling, and had major battery issues. Apparently, it still has all of these problems. I'd like to update, but don't want to ruin my phone by doing so. I've kind of given up hope on iOS 10.x fixing any of these.
People certainly make their own choices as to what works for them, and while there are those who have had various issues with iOS 10 (in particular some earlier versions), it's more or less similar to any other new major iOS update, with the majority not really experiencing many of those issues and/or not experiencing them to similar degrees.

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
I've stayed on 9.3.5 too on my 6s. I tried iOS 10 when it was released and I was so frustrated I downgraded while I still could. It was slow, super laggy while scrolling, and had major battery issues. Apparently, it still has all of these problems. I'd like to update, but don't want to ruin my phone by doing so. I've kinda given up hope on iOS 10.x fixing any of these.
Dude, later releases of iOS 10 have fixed these issues. Whatever you've heard is just plain incorrect. Just upgrade already instead of staying on an unsupported version of iOS.
[doublepost=1491357150][/doublepost]
Yes it is. It is definitely safe to update. Running 10.3.x without problems. Ignore everyone else telling you to stay on iOS 9. iOS 10 is safe to update to.

tertero

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Is this a bug? Look at the bottom bar.
giphy.gif

emil234

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2017
I have really huge problem with phone after updating to 10.3 people don't hear me well. I'm from Poland and my carrier is Orange. Do you guys have this problem ?

emil234

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2017
iPhone 6s. I have tried everything. I have restore the phone like new one and it didn't help. The microphone is clear btw

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
You still have the chance to roll back on 10.2.1 and if this doesn't help, may be it's time for a walk to Apple Store...

emil234

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2017
You are almost right ... the phone is 6 months old so tomorrow I will contact apple service and send the phone to repair.

corruptdream

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
iphone 7 / after upgrading ( from 10.2.1 ) i get the location blocked to wrong location, uber, maps etc same there.. after downgrading to 10.2.1 everything works fine. few days after i upgrade again to 10.3.1 this time via cable/itunes... first thing i've checked the locations and was ok.. then i open the find my iphone app and signed in.. i get an wrong location and everything stock there... same behavior like after first upgrade. i upgrade and restore trough DFU mode and now works fine again but i will not sign in to find my iphone app ... (still find my ip is on at icloud settings )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.