iOS 10.3 and battery life

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
I've only had my 7+ for 6 days, but 10.3 has good battery life for me. I had it on the charger a couple times today at work but battery is fantastic on my device.

Reactions: Jetcat3

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
hard to tell at this stage as only had it on one charge so far but for me it is slightly worse. better judge will be the nect charge.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I know it's early but anyone seeing any improvement and or decreased battery life with iOS 10.3
I applied the update yesterday early afternoon and I have not seen any significant changes or decreases in the battery life of my iPhone 7 Plus. I also updated two of my other iPhones and the battery life seems exactly the same there as well. So the end result is neither increased or decreased and is about as stable to me so far within 24 hours.

Reactions: vikingjunior

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone noticing battery percentage jumping/skipping at times? I'm not completely certain of it as I haven't actually caught it in the act, so to say, but there have been a few instances where the battery was at 80% (or 30%) and then after no more than a minute or two of reading something in Safari the percentage would be at 78% (or 28%) making it seem like it skipped a percentage since it would have been far too quick for it to actually go down 2% in such a short period of time. (This is just based on a a few observations over the last couple of days using an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.)

Reactions: Daniel80

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone noticing battery percentage jumping/skipping at times? I'm not completely certain of it as I haven't actually caught it in the act, so to say, but there have been a few instances where the battery was at 80% (or 30%) and then after no more than a minute or two of reading something in Safari the percentage would be at 78% (or 28%) making it seem like it skipped a percentage since it would have been far too quick for it to actually go down 2% in such a short period of time. (This is just based on a a few observations over the last couple of days using an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.)
I wouldn't have noticed if the indicator skipped 1% and went down 2 at the same time :D
All these battery graphs and percentages are relative and nothing to stress over IMO.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wouldn't have noticed if the indicator skipped 1% and went down 2 at the same time :D
All these battery graphs and percentages are relative and nothing to stress over IMO.
Not really anything along the lines of stress, more of just a difference from before and curiosity.

Reactions: Applejuiced

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Battery life is the same. Only noticeable difference is iPhone seems peppier in opening apps etc

FeliApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
I had a problem with my 5s regarding that: It always skipped - on iOS 7 - the same percentages: 60% (went from 61% to 59%) and 30%. My iPhone 6s on iOS 9 does not skip any percentage. Neither does my iPad Pro on iOS 9 as well.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
My 6s sucked battery power for the first couple of hours after installing 10.3 but quickly settled down. It now seems to be similar to what it was on the previous IOS software.

Reactions: smorrissey

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I had a problem with my 5s regarding that: It always skipped - on iOS 7 - the same percentages: 60% (went from 61% to 59%) and 30%. My iPhone 6s on iOS 9 does not skip any percentage. Neither does my iPad Pro on iOS 9 as well.
There was a bug at some point that caused some of these kinds of percentage skips, which was then addressed, but that was well before 10.3 (or 10.2).

smorrissey

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2015
My 6S has had the same battery life through the last many updates. No differences, just crappy battery life as always :)
Ha ha LOL! yeah i agree IMO iphone 6s on 9.3.5 was not good nor bad just average IMO, what i'm afraid is going from "average" to "crappy" here on ios 10.3. :D
[doublepost=1490987033][/doublepost]
My 6s sucked battery power for the first couple of hours after installing 10.3 but quickly settled down. It now seems to be similar to what it was on the previous IOS software.
Do you mean ios 9 or 10.2?

Royksöpp

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2013
10.3 is better. If your on any version of 10 It's an essential update. If your on 9.3.5 stay with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.