Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pmii

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
With the rest of the issues that comes with? Seems like using the web site is much simpler and cleaner and consistent between doing it on a mobile device and a desktop browser.

I don't see what you mean.
It's running smoothly for me and is rather convenient. But hey, that's my opinion.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You pretended you didn't know who that poster was replying to just so you could ask and then have a go at them for not quoting.
Seems like the rest of the exchange that happened after the post you quoted followed up on it all some more to put it all in better context.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Hello
I have a Problem since ios 10.3 beta 1

Very often my Homebutton dont react when i press it to come back to my homescreen etc. This happen in every app and i have to press again my Homebutton and after this its work.

With ios 10.2.1 i dont have this Problem. Is this a known issue? Or somebody else have the same problem?

I use a iPhone 7 plus 128gb with ios 10.3 Beta 5 now.

Yes I have this also since the first beta I tried (beta 3 I think).

It's like Apple made it a bit less sensitive to prevent accidental presses. But I never had a problem with accidental presses in 10.2.1 or earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: calibru_2good_4u

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Yes I also have this since the first beta I tried (beta 3 I think).

It's like Apple made it a bit less sensitive to prevent accidental presses. But I never had a problem with accidental presses in 10.2.1 or earlier.
Reported on bug portal?

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Today's battery log. 10.3 Beta 6.

Certainly reasonable. Be nice to hit 12 hours of mixed, real-world use but oh well. Saving that for iPhone 8 I guess.

10 hours is the minimum I'd be happy with. Apple claims 14 hours Wi-Fi browsing but who ever uses their phone just for that with no other background activity? Not a very relevant benchmark.

Anyone know if the Screen Brightness value is an average for the entire drain?

Attachments

• Low Battery Log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 278

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
You can't even browse 14 hours.

These numbers are bu**s*it.

50% brightness and browse on wifi, you can get ~6-7h untill phone is depleted. On 100% you can get 4-5h.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
first I thought i was being careless and wasn't paying enough attention,
but now on my iphon6s+ and this beta, when I take a few pics, and then click on something else like the home button, it 1/3 times seems to still take another picture. this honestly never ever happened to me once since i got my first iphone. but i thought it was me first. now it kept happening throughout the day and i am a little stunned as to why. switched to video, took a picture.. clicked home, took a picture.. halfway during panorama .. took a picture and cancelled pano shot.
etc.

has anybody else noticed this, or do i have a ghost in the machine suddenly. I am too busy the next few days to be able to downgrade and risk being unable to use the phone. I tried on my ipad, but it behaves as i expect it and doesn't do this.

One thing in ios10 that still bugs the crap out of me is that if you have the phone LOCKED, and it's in yur pocket, and you're on your bike and get a call, i use the mic click on earbuds to pick up the facetime call.. And they say "why is the video black?" i take it out of pocket after stopping and notice the cam is on - fully..

back in the day if it was locked and black screen, it would stay that way, they would get "paused", now it turns on the cam. i honestly dont' understand this behavior.
[doublepost=1489624108][/doublepost]
Today's battery log. 10.3 Beta 6.

Certainly reasonable. Be nice to hit 12 hours of mixed, real-world use but oh well. Saving that for iPhone 8 I guess.

10 hours is the minimum I'd be happy with. Apple claims 14 hours Wi-Fi browsing but who ever uses their phone just for that with no other background activity? Not a very relevant benchmark.

Anyone know if the Screen Brightness value is an average for the entire drain?
When I am on 4g and outside in iMessage, and the screen brightness is full .. the battery goes down in steps of 2% or even 5% by just looking at it waiting for a reply.
I stop using imsg, or turn screen brightness down to 75% or less, and it stays at that % and goes down after 10 or 15 minutes to just another percent less.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
You can't even browse 14 hours.

These numbers are bu**s*it.

50% brightness and browse on wifi, you can get ~6-7h untill phone is depleted. On 100% you can get 4-5h.

I got 13 or 14 hours Wi-Fi browsing on my iPhone 7 and I'm sure I'd get the same on my 7 Plus if I tried.

That 11 hours 20 minutes in the log is with mixed real-world use including outdoors on automatic brightness when brightness was quite high, a lot of background audio streaming or playing and even a small amount of gaming but probably mostly Safari and other efficient browsing apps.

I do engage in a few battery saving techniques like disabling location access to all but a couple of apps where I need it. I also don't use social media like Twitter, Facebooks, Instagram or others. I also have a good content blocker in Safari. However that fugue is without use of the Low Power mode and with background activity enabled.

I'd say if you can only get 5-6 hours use you either don't have a near new iPhone 77+, you have a lot social media or Google apps that are notoriously bad, you don't take any measures to save battery and/or you have a faulty phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.