Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpace32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Hello - I have been playing around with iOS 10's Bedtime mode on my iPhone and confused on how this actually knows when I go to bed? Under Sleep Analysis it says that the source of the sleep time is my clock - what exactly does this mean? What other ways will it know when I go to bed? Thank you

jkulmtd

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2015
Hello - I have been playing around with iOS 10's Bedtime mode on my iPhone and confused on how this actually knows when I go to bed? Under Sleep Analysis it says that the source of the sleep time is my clock - what exactly does this mean? What other ways will it know when I go to bed? Thank you

I use this every day. I think it based its source for sleep analysis off of what time you tell it. So for example if you usually go to bed at 10:30PM it will prompt you at that hour and you inform Bedtime that you're "Going to bed now", then it begins keeping track.
Keep in mind I'm no expert - I just use bedtime for the pleasant alarm tones.

Reactions: kevo0822

kevo0822

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
New England
I use this every day. I think it based its source for sleep analysis off of what time you tell it. So for example if you usually go to bed at 10:30PM it will prompt you at that hour and you inform Bedtime that you're "Going to bed now", then it begins keeping track.
Those alarm tones though... they're so much better than the ones for normal alarms!!

Reactions: jkulmtd

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
It also looks at when you turn on your phone's screen, which is quite interesting.

Reactions: jkulmtd

dpace32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
It also looks at when you turn on your phone's screen, which is quite interesting.
Hows it know what time you go to sleep though? For me I am 1030-630 but never actually make it to bed at 1030 and it seems to know?

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Hows it know what time you go to sleep though? For me I am 1030-630 but never actually make it to bed at 1030 and it seems to know?

Sound? Not too sure about that but I know one of the ways other sleep trackers work is by sound.

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2017
It's also use motion tracking to determine your phone's movement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.