iOS 10 bedtime mode?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by dpace32, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dpace32 macrumors regular

Hello - I have been playing around with iOS 10's Bedtime mode on my iPhone and confused on how this actually knows when I go to bed? Under Sleep Analysis it says that the source of the sleep time is my clock - what exactly does this mean? What other ways will it know when I go to bed? Thank you

2. jkulmtd macrumors newbie

I use this every day. I think it based its source for sleep analysis off of what time you tell it. So for example if you usually go to bed at 10:30PM it will prompt you at that hour and you inform Bedtime that you're "Going to bed now", then it begins keeping track.
    Keep in mind I'm no expert - I just use bedtime for the pleasant alarm tones.

3. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

Those alarm tones though... they're so much better than the ones for normal alarms!!

4. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

It also looks at when you turn on your phone's screen, which is quite interesting.

5. dpace32 thread starter macrumors regular

Hows it know what time you go to sleep though? For me I am 1030-630 but never actually make it to bed at 1030 and it seems to know?

6. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

Sound? Not too sure about that but I know one of the ways other sleep trackers work is by sound.

7. PeLaNo macrumors regular

It's also use motion tracking to determine your phone's movement.