Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
"I think this is one of the most usable beta ios' I've seen."
and
"I think it's getting more buggy as it goes, and reboots do not help. The same seemed true for the other two iOS beta's. Not sure how or why it gets more buggy."

i don't follow you on these two statements. sorry.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
"I think this is one of the most usable beta ios' I've seen."
and
"I think it's getting more buggy as it goes, and reboots do not help. The same seemed true for the other two iOS beta's. Not sure how or why it gets more buggy."

i don't follow you on these two statements. sorry.
Exactly what I said...you're obviously digging and trying to turn it into something that it's not.
As a beta, it's more stable than iOS 5,6,7 and 8 beta 3's.

To someone else's point, when I installed beta 3, it seemed a little more solid and less bugs than right now. Sadat's go on, it seems like the bug frequency increases. Even with this, it's still more solid than any other beta 3 so far.

To emphasize one part - for everyone whining about bugs, it's a beta. You volunteered to install this. You did so knowing the bugs were there. If you expected no bugs, you may want to look up what a beta really is.

haXis

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Czech Republic
Transit data and Siri map suggestions were made available today in the Prague, Czech Republic. That could mean new beta (and fingers crossed for new Siri languages)

Reactions: vincer5

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Transit data and Siri map suggestions were made available today in the Prague, Czech Republic. That could mean new beta (and fingers crossed for new Siri languages)
Doesn't mean anything. This kind of thing is archived server side. But yes, hopefully an update today or tomorrow.

firewire9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
is anyone else having MORE frequent crashes? these past few days I'm getting endless weird bugs.. was running fine and then boom. happening on both 6S and 6 Plus

Me too. First days works well but recently starts to freeze at multitasking and some other weird behaviour.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
I think we can expect it today.

Most likely is it comes with bug fixes and tiny changers; outlier would be some noticeable UI tweaks.

I really think a Dark Mode which at least changes the Dock, Control Center and Notification Center (poss tied to Night Shift) would be really good. This wouldn't be hard to do either, like apps would. It'd be just like Yosemite's dark menu bar and dock option. The new notifications / control center are just so bright. It blinds me in bed.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
I'm dying to reinstall ios 10 beta but it's been so buggy. hope beta 4 is solid enough for daily use.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015

Most likely is it comes with bug fixes and tiny changers; outlier would be some noticeable UI tweaks.

I really think a Dark Mode which at least changes the Dock, Control Center and Notification Center (poss tied to Night Shift) would be really good. This wouldn't be hard to do either, like apps would. It'd be just like Yosemite's dark menu bar and dock option. The new notifications / control center are just so bright. It blinds me in bed.
You're right, that much would not be hard to do. But considering how little it would accomplish, that's why you haven't seen this already.
[doublepost=1470058719][/doublepost]
Same here, pathetic battery life on my 6s... The standby itself is taking a lot of battery.
Do you use Push email? Particularly Exchange?

I found that during Beta 3 my battery life was horrific, draining simultaneously fast on my watch and my iPhone 6s. There was practically no difference between Usage and Standby in my stats, some process is keeping the phone (and watch) awake. After turning off Push Email, and then running for a day in low power mode, I finally took it off the charger at 100% yesterday to find that battery life has returned to normal. I still have not turned Push back on it, and will probably wait a few days before doing so, just to ensure that I've nailed the issue.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Dark Mode is not coming for iOS this year. If it was, we'd know by now. All that build up to WWDC and the dark invitations etc was to do with the dark UI on Apple TV.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
You're right, that much would not be hard to do. But considering how little it would accomplish, that's why you haven't seen this already.

New Notifications and Control Center view are very bright, unlikely previous which were more translucent. They should automatically darken through the day, and it would achieve as much as Night Shift does for your eyes in the evening.

xatxcap.png

I can wait until 2017 for dark mode for apps but I don't think it should wait for Notifications and Control Center, but arrive before the GM of iOS 10, and be part of Night Shift.

Cam Johnson

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
UT
Anyone else having the messages app start crashing as of this morning? Beta 3 has been alright for the most part, resprings and freezes and bad battery I can deal with but now I can't open up a message without it crashing and it started this morning... No idea what (if anything) has changed on my end...
Edit: Found a fix by changing the text size... so strange that that is the fix, but it worked for me.
Also- I know this thread is about when it will come out. I am thinking today or tomorrow. Doesn't Apple tend to release things on Tuesdays? Or am I simply remembering incorrectly?

Last edited:

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
I have already seen some apps noting improved compatibility with iOS 10 in their release notes.
That's not the same thing. Some devs will fix major incompatibilities that can be published with the iOS 9 SDK.

Devs cannot submit Apps compiled with the iOS 10 SDK until Apple begins accepting them. Which means, No, they cannot use new APIs until then.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Anyone else having the messages app start crashing as of this morning? Beta 3 has been alright for the most part, resprings and freezes and bad battery I can deal with but now I can't open up a message without it crashing and it started this morning... No idea what (if anything) has changed on my end...
Edit: Found a fix by changing the text size... so strange that that is the fix, but it worked for me.
Also- I know this thread is about when it will come out. I am thinking today or tomorrow. Doesn't Apple tend to release things on Tuesdays? Or am I simply remembering incorrectly?
I had that bug for around 24 hours on my iPad Air 2. But the text size didn't fix it. Couldn't use messages at all. Then it randomly started working . Super weird.
[doublepost=1470066544][/doublepost]
Also, Apple released beta 3 on a Monday two weeks ago so I wouldn't be surprised to see it today.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Also, Apple released beta 3 on a Monday two weeks ago so I wouldn't be surprised to see it today.

After beta 4 I can see Apple moving to three-week periods between beta's. I also hope the JavaScript bug is fixed when you press backspace on the keyboard is sometimes paste something!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.