Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
If you don't use any third party apps then the answer is probably yes. But only you know what apps are mission critical to your situation. Truth is even once the final version is released you need be sure all your apps work and possibly wait for updates. Lots of people never install a 1.0 version and wait for 10.01 or later just to wait for bugs to get fixed.

But all in all. It's pretty stable for me.

For me it has been stable enough since beta 2. At this point the only app I have issues with is zillow. If I click a listing the photos won't show. I already alerted them and they responded, but will probably not be updated until the final release.

Reactions: Danny182

JuIez

Suspended
Feb 19, 2016
Not sure whether it's a bug or new feature, but my currently played music is now displayed in fullscreen instead of the split view on the right. Anyone else noticed it?

Attachments

• IMG_0104.PNG
    IMG_0104.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 402

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Could anybody set system font to minimum size a post a snapshot of the Now Playing screen in the Music app? I hate the huge typeface that needs to scroll most of the time.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
Can't get beta 7 yet, anyone know if the volume slider in Apple Music continues to interfere with the play buttons? It's horrible up to beta 6, when trying to tap on play or back/next, the volume slider gets in the way and 'steals' the input (on iPhone 5s).

Last edited:

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
iCloud Photo library is acting weird. After restoring to beta 7 the status shows that it's uploading all of my Photos even tho they were already uploaded with iOS 9.3.3. Actually it's showing that it's uploading more items than I have in Photos.

xxanderxu

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2015
Could anybody set system font to minimum size a post a snapshot of the Now Playing screen? I hate the huge typeface that needs to scroll most of the time.

Thanks in advance

Still scrolling. I don't think the "now playing" screen sees any differences when adjusting dynamic type...

IMG_2884.jpg

Ryankontos

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I haven't seen this bug posted on here before. Ever since I've downloaded music on to my iPhone SE (I didn't download music before DB3, this bug may have existed previously) the "Downloaded" and "..." buttons have kind of been merged:

IMG_0613.PNG

Reactions: trifid

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
When pressing power + home button to hard reset then at first the picture glitches to some gibberish and then goes black and reboots. Is that known a bug?

Reactions: simba4

toughnut

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2014
Overheating regularly, either due to safari or Tapatalk... Have to force restart each time. Annoyed.

6s+, beta 7

oodi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
Overheating regularly, either due to safari or Tapatalk... Have to force restart each time. Annoyed.

6s+, beta 7

Do you charge at the same time? I have no overheating problem for both apps.

6s+ beta 7

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
In my music library, when I choose "Songs", they are actually sorted alphabetically by artist and not by song name. Is this normal? I have to use "Search" to find the track I want.

toughnut

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2014
Do you charge at the same time? I have no overheating problem for both apps.

6s+ beta 7

Nope, battery draining rapidly too while it heat up. I noticed this occasionally in Beta 4 & 5 but not as frequent as this. Usually no app running in background.

Reactions: gwhizkids

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Also, when the public release launches, do I need to delete the beta profile in order to properly download the IPSW and then update my iPhone?

pratax2

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
In my music library, when I choose "Songs", they are actually sorted alphabetically by artist and not by song name. Is this normal? I have to use "Search" to find the track I want.
You can change this behavior from settings music.
23ca34a4918dabba31017bdca7b470ba.jpg

pratax2

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Also, when the public release launches, do I need to delete the beta profile in order to properly download the IPSW and then update my iPhone?
Yes, you need to delete the beta profile and you will get the final release. Otherwise you will continue receiving next betas 10.x

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm sure it's flashed within a matter of seconds
There's probably a "direct write" mode in the bootrom that lets you write the firmware image out as one big write, rather than the decompress and file system writes of the way we use.

The phones are empty and there's no user data to preserve, so they can be mass-imaged in bulk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.