Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naeS1Sean

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Scranton, PA
Absolutely beautiful. But knowing Apple, it won't happen. :(
I think Apple has done a beautiful job with what they do. And they bring quite a bit to us that we (constomers) want…albeit slowly. Just my opinion though. :)
[doublepost=1456726014][/doublepost]
All I want is it to be called iOS X
All I hear is "sex" somewhere in there. Lol
[doublepost=1456726556][/doublepost]
Meanwhile in iPhone SE-land, there will apparently be no 3D touch at all....
Yeah…Apple hates you guys.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Great concept! Control centre needs these customisation options already and 3D Touch is the perfect way to unlock them.

If this concept came to fruition I would actually start using 3D Touch for more than the keyboard trackpad!

Reactions: gixxerfool

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
What id like is a decent way to quickly highlight text and move it around. This is one of the key areas a MacBook beats an iOS device, but it's unclear why this has to be now we have force touch - which presumably could be made to work the same as my MacBook trackpad.

Reactions: iCloudStrife

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious to know if Apple will change the naming scheme to more match OS X. Instead of iOS 11, 12, 13 and so on, if it becomes 10.1 (11), 10.2 (12) and 10.3 (13). Making updates between versions 10.0.1, just like OS X. Im sure it has been discussed internally in the past. Mac OS was similarly named to iOS (major version change being x.0), but once OS X hit, it changed to the version scheme it is now.

Reactions: vjl323

acidsoul

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2011
Awesome video.
Apple is known to take features/functions from the JB community and Android, I hope this catches their attention.

visionar007

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
I want app developers to let me choose what will show in their app widget. I haven't seen it anywhere. For example actmonitor could show cpu activity instead of capacity.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious to know if Apple will change the naming scheme to more match OS X. Instead of iOS 11, 12, 13 and so on, if it becomes 10.1 (11), 10.2 (12) and 10.3 (13). Making updates between versions 10.0.1, just like OS X. Im sure it has been discussed internally in the past. Mac OS was similarly named to iOS (major version change being x.0), but once OS X hit, it changed to the version scheme it is now.

It will be interesting to see as it's hard to imagine iOS 12.2 but then Mac OS 9 > OS X was big overhaul.

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
Absolutely beautiful. But knowing Apple, it won't happen. :(
Yes looks good as I've said before dark mode would be very helpful as I use the iPhone for my music in the car at night and this thing glaring in your face is not a good idea

producerlawson

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
York/Birmingham
Does anyone feel like opening up control centre should be a force touch requirement too? I'm fed up of apps having slide up menus getting in the way when I want to get to CC, an excellent example of this is Google maps.. if you try and open CC you just get the full list of navigation instructions - obviously devices without force touch wouldn't be affected by the update.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I typically think these concepts suck. But this is well done. Intuitive, streamlined and useful. Fingers crossed.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Agreed -- really nice concept. Apple should hire this guy.

Yeah!
Because if he can draw a few pictures, he can CLEARLY also code it into reality!

/sarcasm
[doublepost=1456752379][/doublepost]
I think it only does because Mac OS X was changed to OS X.

I think it only does because you're obviously reading it as the letter "X", not the number "10"... if you look at the name "iOS X" & say it in your head as "iOS 10", you will find it indeed does NOT sound wrong, weird, or anything else... it only sounds sensical- (see because ten comes after nine...).

Reactions: Vanilla35

braintumor

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
Nice little feature, but iOS 10 needs to be a big release!

We have to see apple take the first big steps to a hybrid mobile/desktop (iOS & OSX) operating system to give iOS a long-term future.

I love iOS, but the limitations are starting to become a real problem on their ipad product line, especially the ipad pro. If apple wants their mobile devices to become true productive machines (not just media consumption devices) then iOS is the key!

Microsoft is showing us where the future is going to be with the surface pro series and looking at the ipad pro hardware, its kind of obvious that the tablet hardware is already capable to replace the entry level notebooks, but till now the software is the biggest bottleneck!

Imagine if apple would have combined the concepts of the ipad pro with the new retina macbook into one product and paired it with a hybrid iOS/OSX operating system, I will guarantee you that such a product would fly off the shelves...

Wake up apple!

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Nice little feature, but iOS 10 needs to be a big release!

We have to see apple take the first big steps to a hybrid mobile/desktop (iOS & OSX) operating system to give iOS a long-term future.

I love iOS, but the limitations are starting to become a real problem on their ipad product line, especially the ipad pro. If apple wants their mobile devices to become true productive machines (not just media consumption devices) then iOS is the key!

Microsoft is showing us where the future is going to be with the surface pro series and looking at the ipad pro hardware, its kind of obvious that the tablet hardware is already capable to replace the entry level notebooks, but till now the software is the biggest bottleneck!

Imagine if apple would have combined the concepts of the ipad pro with the new retina macbook into one product and paired it with a hybrid iOS/OSX operating system, I will guarantee you that such a product would fly off the shelves...

Wake up apple!

No, please no.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
No, please no.

Mind me asking why you feel that way?

In terms of the iPad Pro as a productivity tool it's likely great (I don't own one personally) for a lot of people but missing features such as USB-C etc mean a fair few will have to look towards the likes of Microsoft's Surface Pro etc.

I wouldn't expect to run OS X 'full fat' on an iPad but something that aids my workflow (rather than hinders it) would be nice if the option was 'there'.

Reactions: braintumor

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
for the love of god, let us force touch the BT icon to select recent devices. having to go to settings 3-5x per day has always driven me nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.