iOS 10 Visual Voicemail Won't Stay Deleted

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Resist, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Resist, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017

Resist macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    I have one Visual Voicemail (wrong number), on my new iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.2.1 keep popping back up almost immediately after I delete it. I've searched the Internet for a fix and discovered this same issue in previous iOS's. I contacted my carrier and they show no voicemails for me on their side and they tried some troubleshooting to no avail. Anyone else having this same issue?
  2. Heavy Fluid macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2008
    I wish that I could help you with this. I had the exact same thing and I don't remember what I did to get rid of it. Have you gotten any voicemails since? I think that is how I was able to delete it. Can your carrier reset your mailbox?
  3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    Yes, my carrier reset things on their end and ran me through some troubleshooting, nothing worked. I've even called my cell on another phone and left myself voicemails and was able to delete them. My carrier, T-Mobile, said they could replace my phone if no fix is found even though even said it was an iOS10 issue. But I really don't want to have to go through the setup process all over again with a new phone.
  4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    Now all of a sudden out of the blue I was able to delete the voicemail and keep it deleted. Very odd.
  5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
  6. Ebbole macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2017
    Happened to me just now. Enter airplane mode. then can delete and clear. Not sure if it works with all models and OS.
  7. Ctrix65513 macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2010
    Thank you so much for this! Not only did it work to delete a visual voicemail that kept reappearing despite confirming with my carrier my voicemail was empty but it also worked to permanently delete an email that kept reappearing no matter how many times I deleted it (also confirmed email never existed on the server with my ESP). Airplane mode FTW!
  8. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Dec 21, 2010
    Thank you very much. This sorted the issue for me
  9. Bob in Oz macrumors newbie

Bob in Oz

Feb 1, 2018
  10. cote32mt macrumors newbie

Feb 16, 2011
    Deerfield NH
    It worked for me too. Such a funky fix is a bit ludicrous. iPhone X iOS 11.2.5
  11. bursonj macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2018
    I'm not sure if it was the several attempts of the 'airplane mode fix' or if it was my overzealous take on the 'airplane mode fix' that finally allowed the voicemails to stay deleted on my iphone.

After switching on airplane mode, quickly checking all of the messages I wanted to delete, selecting 'delete', then selecting 'clear all' I immediately shut down the iphone. I got itunes running, plugged in the iphone, and immediately synced it upon turning it back on.

Before I did this, the voicemail messages would reappear.
  12. cinders7 macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2018
    It worked when I deleted the repeated VM's then switched my phone off then back on. They were gone.
  13. Gfree3377 macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2018
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2018 ---
    The airplane mode works. Set it to airplane mode then delete the voicemail. Worked like a charm!
  14. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    My thread was over a year's been fixed since then.