Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
How long until the public beta gets released? I’m not seeing it yet. Beta profile is installed

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Run a Geekbench score on your iPhone 6. Likely its being throttled by Apple.

Buried in iOS 11 code is ‘Powerd’. In a series of tweets it was revealed Powerd is “responsible for controlling the CPU/GPU speed and power usage based on iPhone battery health”. More virtuously Powerd has a failsafe which makes sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch doesn’t catch fire, but it also will increasingly slow your device as your battery degrades and operates independently of the official Low Power Mode.

axari

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Anybody please check this beta (11.2.5) for iPhone 5s and report to concerned person.

MarkSta69

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2017
Well it doesn’t on mine, you must have a magical X or special version of 11.2.5.

It works fine on the release version of 11.2.1 but not the current beta.
Not working on mine since 11.2.1. I wonder if this is a bug or if they intentionally removed the feature?

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Has to be a bug, Apple have a habit of continually fixing and breaking things.

Use to be the haptic feedback and the click issue, they fixed it in 11.2.5 beta 2 on my X, they will eventually fix the attention aware bugs too.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Has to be a bug, Apple have a habit if continually fixing and breaking things.

Use to be the haptic feedback and the click issue, they fixed it in 11.2.5 beta 2 on my X, they will eventually fix the attention aware bugs too.
what was the issue that you were seeing? I have the X too

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Buried in iOS 11 code is ‘Powerd’. In a series of tweets it was revealed Powerd is “responsible for controlling the CPU/GPU speed and power usage based on iPhone battery health”. More virtuously Powerd has a failsafe which makes sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch doesn’t catch fire, but it also will increasingly slow your device as your battery degrades and operates independently of the official Low Power Mode.

See, I don't have a problem with this as long as Apple tells us what's going on.

If there were a section in settings for battery health that would say "Your battery is failing. Performance has been reduced so you can still use your phone, but you should replace your battery as soon as possible." when this happens, I'd be perfectly okay with it.

But no, they hide it from the user. The phone just slows down without explanation, and it took a lot of testing and experimentation by dedicated people to discover this. Damnit Apple, this is a customer service issue. Fix it.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
With beta 2 can you stream to multiple airplay devices? On my iPhone 8 with beta 1 and my ATV 4's I can still only select one device at a time.

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It's a Christmas miracle the weather widget is fixed on my X ... and yes i was jacked up before...Now do I delete Storm app Hmmmmmmmmm

Are you sure it's fixed?

The app usually takes a while to break, up to two days in my experience. Until then it works great.

I've enabled it again, we shall see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.