Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Has anyone experienced this? Unplug lightning headphones while audio is playing, and the audio continues to play. It’s supposed to stop once the headphones are removed. This is on iPhone 7 and playing podcast through Overcast app. Doesn’t seem to happen with other apps playing audio

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Has anyone experienced this? Unplug lightning headphones while audio is playing, and the audio continues to play. It’s supposed to stop once the headphones are removed. This is on iPhone 7 and playing podcast through Overcast app

How did you come to the conclusion that removing the headphones from the device should cause the music to stop? If you remove headphones from a radio, does the music stop? Expecting the music to stop when you remove the headphones is illogical. The correct action, IMO, would be to continue playing the music over the built-in speaker.

The correct action to stop the music from playing would be to use the playback controls to stop/pause the music playback.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
How did you come to the conclusion that removing the headphones from the device should cause the music to stop? If you remove headphones from a radio, does the music stop? Expecting the music to stop when you remove the headphones is illogical. The correct action, IMO, would be to continue playing the music over the built-in speaker.
Because that’s how iPhones have behaved since, I don’t know, 2008? 11.2 dev beta 2 is the first time an iPhone has failed to stop the audio upon removing the headphones

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Because that’s how iPhones have behaved since, I don’t know, 2008? 11.2 dev beta 2 is the first time an iPhone has failed to stop the audio upon removing the headphones

I've never experienced the behavior you're reporting as a problem. And hasn't iOS 11 in general taught you that "it always did it this way" doesn't apply? (I'm thinking of the Control Center Wi-Fi and BT controls).

mfender

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2017
I’ve noticed that a few apps are experiencing audio-related issues running 11.2 on the iPhone X.

With both Spotify and Snapchat, the apps will work fine until you leave the app to do anything that uses the iPhone’s audio output (watch a video, ask Siri a question, play music, etc). Once you’ve done something else that uses audio, neither Spotify or Snapchat will play sound until the app is killed or the phone restarts.

With Spotify, when you leave the app and listen to something else and then return to Spotify, you’ll see that the music appears to still be playing (the track time still counts up, the scrubber still progresses, etc), but you don’t get any sound.

With Snapchat, when you leave the app and listen to something else and then return to Snapchat, Snapchat audio will no longer work when the iPhone ringer switch is off. Normally, with the ringer switch off, you can use the iPhone volume up/down buttons to access Snapchat audio but this will no longer work.

Not sure if this is an iPhone X issue or an iOS 11.2 issue, but it’s fairly annoying.

I didn't believe it, until I duplicated on my Iphone 6 going between Spotify and youtube. That is a very strange bug, indeed!

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
I've never experienced the behavior you're reporting as a problem. And hasn't iOS 11 in general taught you that "it always did it this way" doesn't apply? (I'm thinking of the Control Center Wi-Fi and BT controls).
Look dude I’m just asking if anyone has found this bug. It’s well known that this is how it has always worked. Here’s a thread from 2010. http://ask.metafilter.com/144048/disable-iphone-autopause

11.2 beta 2 would be a weird point for Apple to yank this feature, so i assume bug. Try it for yourself, if you have another device running beta 1 or earlier. Thanks for your incredibly constructive replies

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Mine is working. A few betas ago I had the same issue and had to delete my HomeKit config and start over. Good luck.
Just reconfigured HomeKit and it must be a bug with tvOS 11.2 beta 2. My iPhone X had beta 2 of iOS 11.2 on Friday and Remote access worked fine with tvOS 11.2 beta 1.

ajscorpio69

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
SF Bay Area
To answer your original question, my X is running fine. I originally wanted to stay on official channels with it, but my restore from my SE also carried over my beta profile. Which downloaded and then threatened to install 11.2 unless I took action (no option was given in Settings > General to remove the profile).
Same here. I updated to beta 2 after restore from 7 Plus to X, but hoping new updates for beta don't pop up now that the profile is gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010

The correct action to stop the music from playing would be to use the playback controls to stop/pause the music playback.

Don't know why you're being so brash for something that's been there since I have known iPhones. I personally have loved the fact that taking the headphones off would stop the music playback, since my (first) iPhone 4s. I'd expect the behaviour to continue with lightning connector as well. If it doesn't with iOS 11.2, then this piques curiosity as to what is going on, and would, prima facie, appear to be a bug. What's so wrong with the poster's remarks that gets you so excited?

And no, iOS 11 in general has not taught that "always like that" won't work any longer. It's not that iOS 11 is rewriting the entire alphabet and grammar.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Ok, iBooks is annoying now. Worked great on iOS10.

iOS11 - download books (only about 500mb worth). Randomly they will all disappear (even with 7GB free) weeks later.

Is this happening to anyone else? I have done a fresh iBook install, fresh iOS11 install, same!

I have reported to Apple.

ignaciobarrena

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2016
Hope they enable Apple Pay P2P and iCloud iMessages syncing... .2 release already and none of these features are enabled, don’t forget that they showed them as big features in iOS 11

Reactions: SR71

Brutonus

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
After updating iOS, it replaced my Proximus (Belgium) carrier settings profile with a wrong carrier settings profile (vtr 30.5.1, a carrier from Chile after looking it up). This causes my iPhone to report "No service" intermittently. I've already tried restoring network settings, removing sim, rebooting.

When I go to Info in the Settings.app, I get the alert that a carrier settings profile update is available, but tapping it does nothing.

Any idea how to fix it without a full reset and reinstall?

Cu5co

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2015
Hmm could the weather widget finally be working now? So far mine seems to be! A few times since updating to b2 and I go to widget screen I see it update and no longer see the "set up weather" brief message. It will also match the app. It hasn't really worked since 11 was released.
No it is not.

Shyos

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2014
After updating iOS, it replaced my Proximus (Belgium) carrier settings profile with a wrong carrier settings profile (vtr 30.5.1, a carrier from Chile after looking it up). This causes my iPhone to report "No service" intermittently. I've already tried restoring network settings, removing sim, rebooting.

When I go to Info in the Settings.app, I get the alert that a carrier settings profile update is available, but tapping it does nothing.

Any idea how to fix it without a full reset and reinstall?

I've got the exact same issue, tried everything... except DFU as the iPhone X doesn't want too for some unclear reason. Guess we'll have to wait to a next version. Found the DFU... restoring now... let's see if it helps. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263)

Last edited:

Wad12355

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
London/Kiev
Has anyone else got this annoying thing back 11.2 beta 2... I can't stand it.

Attachments

• IMG_7C4B8EB0FF58-1.jpeg
    IMG_7C4B8EB0FF58-1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 370

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
The weather widget issue is still occurring for me - weather app shows 34° for my location and the widget shows 39° and did all day yesterday.

This is an install as new.

iOSBry

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
My iPad Pro 9.7" is behaving a little weird since updating. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen no longer brings the dock into view. Four-finger gesture and double click home button brings me to dock and multi-tasking view however. Restarting the device fresh brings the functionality back as it always was but after half an hour of using, it's gone again. Again a restart and it works but it is always only temporary. Weird. Will report to Apple shortly.

pacpac2017

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi, when updating from one IOS 11 beta to a higher beta, is it any point in doing a full restore and set up as a new phone, or just do the update OTA?

Jukens

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Well this broke the slide up gesture to bring up the dock and multitasking on my iPad Pro. Works for a bit then randomly stop until i restart the device. And they still haven’t fixed the disappearing text entry/ keyboard in messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.