Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streamlikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
So this is my first time using an iPhone, and the reason i finally bought an iPhone is because how everyone says iOS is the smoothest OS compared to others. I don't need any customization nor other gimmick on android phones, but after a month of using iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11, i'm dissapointed. It still lags, not buttery smooth like what i expected. Maybe this is because iOS 11 is not ready yet? And there is one major bug that really annoys me.

The voice memo app, it's all fine until i tried to record a voice memo then turn the screen off, and when i wake up the phone again, there are some major frame drop in the voice recording animation. And when there is a notification, it won't show, instead the screen will just wake up and shows nothing besides the laggy animation. Then when i press the home button, it won't response until i get rid off my finger from the home button, then it will finally give a prompt to enter my passcode.

Can someone try this too and confirm if this is iOS 11 bugs or just my phone being a defect? thanks!

streamlikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
What iOS 11 are you running?

I just tried to replicate your bug and couldn’t. I’m on an X running 11.1.1.

I'm also on 11.1.1 and the problem still persist. Try to record a voice memo then turn on and off the phone repeatedly, there will be animation stutter, also after turning the phone on and off for several times, it won't wake the scren with power button, so the only way to wake up the phone is pressing the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.